TravelTalkOnline

Fabulous Feasts

Posted By: greenfields

Fabulous Feasts - 07/01/2021 04:04 PM

Hi:

Has anyone tried Fabulous Feasts catered dinners?

Any comments would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Fabulous Feasts - 07/01/2021 04:29 PM

Indi did. Hoping she will chime in. As an attendee, I can say they did a fabulous job!
Posted By: indi

Re: Fabulous Feasts - 07/01/2021 04:44 PM

Yes, Fabulous Feasts did a fantastic job catering an event for me ! Planner is very knowledgeable. Wide variety of choices. On site staff attended to every detail. There may be other guests who will comment.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Fabulous Feasts - 07/01/2021 04:58 PM

We used them many years ago and were very satisfied.

Another option, if you are interested, is that Dino Jagtiani, formerly of Temptation, etc., is doing private chef dinners, at least for a while. Not sure when you're planning this. Check out this thread. Link

Re: Fabulous Feasts - 07/01/2021 06:11 PM

Thank you, all.

Indi....my group will be 12 people. Would this be a comfortable number for them for a catered multi-course dinner?

Will check out Dino as well.

Thanks!
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Fabulous Feasts - 07/01/2021 07:57 PM

We were guests at Indi's event and can confirm that the food and service were excellent. Hers was a cocktail party with heavy hors d'oevres, not a sit-down dinner. We have also attended other events catered by them, both cocktail parties and a breakfast, however, never a sit-down dinner.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Fabulous Feasts - 07/01/2021 08:07 PM

Dino is very good.

Re: Fabulous Feasts - 07/01/2021 09:12 PM

That's an interesting question, a sit down dinner, versus heavy appetizers, it is kind of a different thing.. It would be more complicated for anyone to do, with that many people, for a sit down dinner versus heavy appetizers. Our experience with Fabulous Feasts was a sit down dinner, but it was just the two of us. I know that Richard from Gutside does catering for groups, but it is a whole different thing, Caribbean dishes, on a buffet. If it were ME, I'd opt for Dino, if the price was relatively the same, as he is truly one of the best chefs in the Caribbean. And no, he didn't pay me anything to say that!!! grin Anyway, best wishes with your choice!!

Re: Fabulous Feasts - 07/01/2021 09:22 PM

Great, thanks everyone. Sounds like either choice would be great. I will definitely set something up with one or the other (or perhaps both, on separate dates?)

I;ll let you know how it turns out.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Fabulous Feasts - 07/01/2021 10:08 PM

Having Dino do a private event would be pretty cool, and even if close worth a try. However, Fabulous Feasts is also pretty delicious. Only had the apps in the evening as well as a breakfast which would rival any breakfast. Enjoy!

Re: Fabulous Feasts - 07/01/2021 10:25 PM

Please do let us know how it turns out. I'm sure either will be great!

Re: Fabulous Feasts - 07/02/2021 01:52 AM

Thanks again everyone.

I'll try both, if both options are still available when I'm there.

Thank you for all the informed input.
Posted By: freedomfighter

Re: Fabulous Feasts - 07/02/2021 04:58 PM

We have enjoyed Fabulous Feasts for many years. Emma is a pleasure to deal with! She prepared Thanksgiving dinner for our entire (11 at that time) family on one trip. We almost always take advantage of their "food to go" option on each trip. They will deliver amazing meals right to your villa.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Fabulous Feasts - 07/02/2021 06:08 PM

I have attended parties catered by Fabulous Feasts and all have been wonderful. There has always been food left over as they allow several appetizers for the number of guests. The selection is also amazing and the service during the evening is top rate!

Re: Fabulous Feasts - 07/02/2021 06:50 PM

Thank you. That answers my "can they handle dinner for 12?" question!

Thank you as well Islandgem and all others. Thumbs up all around from all responders, so I will definitely set up a date or three with them. Our favourite restaurants around the island will still see us again, but this element appears to be a great choice to add to the mix.

Thanks!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline