TravelTalkOnline

Prepared meals?

Posted By: eightzerobits

Prepared meals? - 07/09/2021 09:41 PM

A lot of our local grocery stores sell fresh prepared meals that are 1 or 2 servings. Do any of the Dutch side grocery stores do something similar? I’m thinking Carrefour is the most likely to. Trying to lighten the cooking load without going to restaurants every night.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Prepared meals? - 07/09/2021 09:49 PM

Market Garden has them. I've never tried any, but the counter always seems to be busy, mostly with local residents.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Prepared meals? - 07/10/2021 12:52 PM

Maho Market also has a section with prepared food.
Always seemed busy, but never paid close attention.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Prepared meals? - 07/10/2021 03:57 PM

I have looked at some of them at Carrefour, etc., just kind of curious, and they didn't look particularly appetizing, the ones that are on the hot plates. I know they have pre-seasoned ribs, which we buy all the time. They also have pre-made kebobs, which all you have to do is grill them. They definitely also have pre-made salads, like potato salads, etc. IF you have a grill, that would be my suggestion, versus the fully cooked stuff. Also, a rotisserie chicken and on the weekend ONLY, they have pre-cooked lobsters at Carrefour (sometimes). We looked last trip for the lobster and we were apparently too late. They did have pre-cooked stone crabs.
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: Prepared meals? - 07/10/2021 05:10 PM

The Jerk, just past CostU Less has very good caribbean food to go.
Posted By: erb923

Re: Prepared meals? - 07/10/2021 09:47 PM

If you really need rotisserie chicken, just take a drive to the french side and hit up Super U!
Posted By: StMartinFan

Re: Prepared meals? - 07/10/2021 09:54 PM

Depending upon the type of food you're looking for, Mark's Place does great to go meals, and the quantities are large enough that we often get two or more meals from one order. We like the ribs and the chicken because they travel and reheat well. When we order a couple of items, we ask that they package the side salad separately, not in the foam container that holds the hot food, so the lettuce doesn't wilt. Again, a large enough salad that it stretches for a second meal. (We don't have huge appetites, but definitely aren't dieting!)
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Prepared meals? - 07/11/2021 02:48 AM

Captain's, Carrefour, Mark's, market garden and various lolos. Take your pick.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline