TravelTalkOnline

Entering French St. Martin by boat question

Posted By: Zanshin

Entering French St. Martin by boat question - 07/14/2021 11:44 AM

I cannot seem to find the actual current rules for entry online anywhere. There are a couple of versions of rules that are either outdated or perhaps incorrect and all of them have conflicting information. The normal gold-standard for vessel entry/exit is noonsite, but their link is unfortunately outdated. Does anyone here have recent experience for the French side?

The two main questions I have are:
1. Does one still have to send an e-mail to French mrcc prior to arrival
2. The announcement found here says that no PCR test is necessary for entry for the fully vaccinated. Is that still valid or has it been superseded by some other rule?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Entering French St. Martin by boat question - 07/14/2021 12:57 PM

Zanshin--Don't know the answer to your question, but you might try to contact the Sint Maarten Yacht Club there by the bridge. Someone there should know.

Re: Entering French St. Martin by boat question - 07/14/2021 01:11 PM

I already did (I'm one of the Heineken volunteers, so thought of contacting them already) and they don't know. I'm waiting to hear back from Island Waterworld on the French side, where one can clear in - they really should know. No answer yet from MRCC or the prefecture e-mail addresses. And Shrimpys just told me to come in and he'd take care without telling what there is to take care of...

Re: Entering French St. Martin by boat question - 07/14/2021 01:22 PM

Huh, OK. I thought they would know there. Good luck, and hope you are able to get out of the BVI!!

Re: Entering French St. Martin by boat question - 07/14/2021 01:29 PM

It is looking good for a departure sometime today or tonight. The weather looks good as well - although the wind is, as always, from the wrong direction it is weak and the waves are also very low. So it means motorsailing the whole; sailing 100% directly upwind would just take too long.

Re: Entering French St. Martin by boat question - 07/14/2021 01:30 PM

Good luck!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline