TravelTalkOnline

Cafe Rembrandt

Posted By: Buddyhog

Cafe Rembrandt - 07/20/2021 10:53 PM

Someone mentioned this place in a earlier post. I am very familiar with St Martin,but have never heard of this place? Is it still open and how far is it from the Mary Boones area on Simpson Bay beach? Anyone been there to give me your thoughts on the place? Thx
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Cafe Rembrandt - 07/20/2021 10:55 PM

Bill and Elaine go there for their "first Sunday" concerts. Perhaps she will chime in.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Cafe Rembrandt - 07/20/2021 11:05 PM

It is on the other side of Salt Pond from Phillipsburg. Below is a link to their Facebook page. Go to the page and click on the map and it will show you the exact location

Rembrandt Cafe link
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Cafe Rembrandt - 07/21/2021 12:34 AM

It's in Madame Estate, next to Cost Pro. Dutch with a capital D! Closed Monday. Opens 3 or 4 pm. Dutch "small plates" that are very yummy. I love the smocked mackerel and Bill the sour herring. Lots of lovely sausages, home made. A whiskey, rum and beer selection you don't find most places. The owners are Dutch, and most of the customers too. At times we've been the only non Dutch folks there. First Sunday of the month, live music 5 - 8. The staff is the best, very good friends.
Posted By: crsxm

Re: Cafe Rembrandt - 07/21/2021 10:51 AM

This sounds wonderful -- we are here with our Dutch daughter-in-law and I'm sure they would love to try it.
Posted By: chuckval

Re: Cafe Rembrandt - 07/21/2021 01:25 PM

http://caferembrandt.net/
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Cafe Rembrandt - 07/21/2021 02:18 PM

The first Sunday of the Month they have great live music from 5pm - 8pm
Posted By: Need island time

Re: Cafe Rembrandt - 07/23/2021 12:14 AM

Always try to make the first Sunday when we are on the island. Lovely people & great music. Love Cafe Rembrandt!
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Cafe Rembrandt - 07/23/2021 12:55 AM

Are they open for lunch ? because I would love to have the smoke herring to take out . I pass there a lot of times taking a car to our Bodyman for small repairs. But won't do the evening because of the distance .
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Cafe Rembrandt - 07/24/2021 04:08 AM

Hi Elaine! What kind of music do they have?

We can go Nov 7th. wink
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline