TravelTalkOnline

Marks Place - A Great Value

Posted By: PelicanPirate

Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 01:07 PM

I had read various positive reviews but had never seen this place driving around. Often the ribs are mentioned.

To be honest the impression in my mind was a Dutch Lolo up and over the hill with a ribs grill.

This is a great restaurant with an expansive menu from Fish, Seafood, Steaks, Italian (including Veal Parmigian), and many other items.

The prices are very reasonable and the service is very good and friendly.

It is in the parking lot of the Carrefour Market.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 01:10 PM

Surprised you had never been there. One of the best values on the island! Great food, lots of it, good service!
Posted By: Coffee

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 02:01 PM

We love Marks Place. Go there once or twice a week. Easy parking in the lot. Workers always have smiles and do a great job. We chat with Mark for a few minutes every time.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 02:58 PM

Never been
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 03:05 PM

Always a stop for us.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 03:35 PM

Everything is good there,but their seafood pasta dish is exquisite!
Posted By: Bigdaddy

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 04:05 PM

If you get the "all you can eat" ribs, they will let you eat one slab and give you another in a box.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 04:16 PM

Fresh mussels on Friday

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by BillandElaine
Fresh mussels on Friday

With pasta instead of French Fries. Nothing better

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Originally Posted by BillandElaine
Fresh mussels on Friday

With pasta instead of French Fries. Nothing better

No fries, garlic bread for me. Mussels, sauce and bread oh my!
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 04:43 PM

Elaine, how do they compare with the mussels we used to get at Layla's?
Posted By: pat

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 04:52 PM

The mussels at Mark’s are lovely but the broth is literally OUT OF THIS WORLD! It’s so good, if I could order just the broth and bread I’d do that. But the mussels are really,nreally good. And reasonably priced, too……🙂🙂
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 04:54 PM

One of my all-time favorite restaurants on the island.

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 05:06 PM

Just as well cooked, but different broth. Layla's offered 3 sauces, all of them very flavorful and light. Mark's is more creamy garlic I think.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 05:20 PM

Agree and the seafood pasta was awesome.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 10:17 PM

There is NOT a bad item to get on Mark's menu. It is a MUST stop at least once a week while we are there. The veal is scrumptious, also the lasagna is GREAT. The Mussells are Fantastic, and the beat goes on!!! Service is always good and friendly, and the prices are ridiculously low for the quality of the food, and the quantity of the food they serve up. Oh, I almost forgot...the FISH dishes are my wife's favorite. All FRESH and GREAT. Did I mention the french bread also? MMMMM
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by islandgem
Everything is good there,but their seafood pasta dish is exquisite!

Please describe, Elizabeth.
Posted By: bran

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/23/2021 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by EdB
There is NOT a bad item to get on Mark's menu. It is a MUST stop at least once a week while we are there. The veal is scrumptious, also the lasagna is GREAT. The Mussells are Fantastic, and the beat goes on!!! Service is always good and friendly, and the prices are ridiculously low for the quality of the food, and the quantity of the food they serve up. Oh, I almost forgot...the FISH dishes are my wife's favorite. All FRESH and GREAT. Did I mention the french bread also? MMMMM

Ed, please stop. I’m on a diet until I read this and now am starving with the thought of it all.
Posted By: Susieville

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/24/2021 12:50 PM

I ask for the mussels in red sauce.take home the leftover sauce for spaghetti
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/25/2021 09:18 AM

With the exception of it being in a parking lot, it's one the BEST finds on the island!! We have never been let down there!! Like a lot of times, we have it on the "list", but don't make it and regret it!! Mussels on Fridays??? Wonder about oysters???

Attached picture David oysters 721.jpg
Posted By: DICKG

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/25/2021 01:10 PM

We found Marks place in the 80’s on the way to Penel’s it was on the left side of the road at night you could see thousands of stars the coconut shrimp were out of sight , then the hurricane I think Luis took it away . We have been to the new location much bigger and the food is still great not sure it’s the same owner but we’ll worth a visit

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/25/2021 01:13 PM

I thought he was there for a while after Luis, just thought he decided to move to the Dutch side?
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/26/2021 12:01 AM

This thread inspired our first visit to Mark’s tonight! I had the creole chicken and scalloped potatoes. Wife had a pork loin dish. Little monster children had a couple of hamburgers. Overall a good dinner. Kids mostly enjoyed the free wifi 😂

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/26/2021 12:26 AM

Using phones and tablets at dinner table. Not in my world. Dinner time for us is family or friends face to face communication time.
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/26/2021 12:29 AM

Unfortunately with a 3 and 6 year old at a restaurant on island time, we’d never make it. Took about 2 hours from when we sat until we left and the kids only spent about 10 minutes of that eating.

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/26/2021 12:31 AM

Glad you enjoyed your evening..
Posted By: DICKG

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/26/2021 12:25 PM

You may be correct it just didn’t look the same
Posted By: kccouple

Re: Marks Place - A Great Value - 07/26/2021 03:18 PM

We first went to Marks in about 1992 when they were in Cul-de-sac before Marks was blown away by Hugo I think. Have videos somewhere of the aftermath
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline