TravelTalkOnline

Departure Report 7/31

Posted By: eightzerobits

Departure Report 7/31 - 08/01/2021 12:40 PM

We flew out from SXM yesterday. Using Verifly didn’t gain us anything at the airport. We arrived exactly three hours before our AA flight and there were three other AA flights checking in at the same time. Everyone was still funneled through a line to check documents before going to the checkin line. While it was busy it did move quickly and none of the lines were outside. We were through all of the various lines in an hour.

Seating in the airport is a problem. There is definitely not enough room to accommodate the current Saturday traffic. And announcements are nearly impossible to hear. Our flight kept disappearing from the screen at the gate and occasionally would pop up on screens at other gates.

We left an hour late with no explanation from AA on the cause of the delay. In. CLT the kiosks were down and the lines were long. Fortunately we made our connection to PVD with 20 minutes to spare.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Departure Report 7/31 - 08/01/2021 04:07 PM

We also flew out yesterday, but on United. We saw the lines for JB & AA, fortunately UA went fairly smoothly. Now, the lines to get something to eat were another story. Also, our flight was changed from Gate 5 to Gate 8, but the announcements were unintelligible. But in the end it all worked out, the flight left on time, we're home & missing (most of) it already.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Departure Report 7/31 - 08/01/2021 06:00 PM

thanks for the update. Sorry the verifly did no good. Perhaps they need to get some kinks worked out to get it to work. Hope so.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Departure Report 7/31 - 08/02/2021 03:29 AM

I am not comfortable with the privacy policy of Verifly and won't download it for that reason. Perhaps they aren't any more "Big Brother" than other apps whose privacy policies I haven't read, but I didn't like this one so won't download it.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Departure Report 7/31 - 08/02/2021 12:31 PM

I think I will start a new topic regarding this subject..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline