TravelTalkOnline

St. Martin CDC Level 4 Again

Posted By: dvesc

St. Martin CDC Level 4 Again - 08/03/2021 12:22 AM

I know this was discussed previously when it seemed like the whole world was at level 4, but the CDC has put St. Martin in that category once again it seems. I actually don’t really remember when it was lowered to level 3, but I assume it happened at some point for the country to be added back to level 4.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/cdc-adds-very-high-risk-travel-destinations/index.html
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: St. Martin CDC Level 4 Again - 08/03/2021 12:30 AM

Dutch side is level 3.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: St. Martin CDC Level 4 Again - 08/03/2021 03:37 PM

Not looking to good.LINK
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: St. Martin CDC Level 4 Again - 08/03/2021 04:02 PM

I am beginning to get an bad feeling about traveling back to SXM in November. The cases are going up even though many are vaccinated and even the vaccinated are capable of spreading the virus. I am even wondering what Level 4 would do to tourism? I thought things would be getting better but it seems the lockdowns, curfews and possible border closings are going to be happening once again.
Posted By: dvesc

Re: St. Martin CDC Level 4 Again - 08/03/2021 06:04 PM

One big difference between being at level 4 now vs. earlier is that there are currently more vacation options at level 2 and 3. When we traveled to St. Martin in December, it seemed like everywhere was level 4, including the United States. We made the choice to go in part because we felt just as safe there as we did at home, if not more so since we were outside. I also assumed we'd be in a better position for the trip we have planned this coming December. It will be much harder to go if there's a significantly higher risk on the island than at home or other islands. With that said, we live in South Carolina, so things aren't great here either.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: St. Martin CDC Level 4 Again - 08/04/2021 01:04 AM

The UK consciously decided to open wide now in summer rather than delay the wide open to a colder-dreerier fall/winter timeframe. The thought is the Delta is going to make its presence. All folks can do is vaccinate, self isolate, or roll their dice carefully or carelessly.

We are hearing vaccinated antibodies lasting different times in different people and vaccinated people can test positive.

Vaccinated + infected = antibodies and some period of im unity at the end of the day.

Good luck, wash your hands and stay home if your sick!

© 2024 TravelTalkOnline