TravelTalkOnline

CDC Advisory - Are People Concerned

Posted By: PML

CDC Advisory - Are People Concerned - 08/04/2021 01:57 PM

We are scheduled to arrive August 23. Staying on French side. New CDC advisory has us a bit concerned. How are others dealing with the new advisory?
Posted By: SammyM

Re: CDC Advisory - Are People Concerned - 08/04/2021 02:41 PM

The CDC and U.S. State Department has approximately 80 percent of the destinations around the world at Level 4 -- Do not Travel. With a percentage of countries/destinations this high, the message is simple that they just don't want people traveling at this time, even though many of these countries have stark differences in the number of active COVID cases and vaccination rates. But, if you are fully vaccinated and take simple precautionary measures before, during and after your trip you should be just fine. I don't believe the number of active cases being reported on French St. Martin are accurate, and need to be updated. But it's wise to assume that many of those around you on St. Martin may be unvaccinated, so I would suggest maintaining some separation between you and others when indoors, and wearing your mask indoors. I suppose the biggest concern would be testing positive before heading back to the states and not being permitted to board your return flight. But, I do think that's unlikely and I would not change my plans at this time.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: CDC Advisory - Are People Concerned - 08/04/2021 03:06 PM

Covid is on the rise on Dutch side too.
LINK
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline