TravelTalkOnline

Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card!

Posted By: KathyD242424

Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 03:03 PM

See the attached screen shot! I missed it by 1 day!

Attached picture Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 10.56.47 AM.png
Posted By: sugarae

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 03:12 PM

AWESOME !
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 03:13 PM

Indeed, that is great news!! clapping

Somehow, I think the requirement to re-enter the US will still be in place for a while, but it's a start!!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 03:18 PM

That is the news we have all been waiting for. Now all we need is to have that same for returning to USA.
Posted By: indi

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 03:23 PM

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: CC12

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 03:58 PM

will you still have to submit a copy of vax card on EHAS form and be approved?

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 04:00 PM

Obviously YES, you will have to show your vaccination card, because the requirements remain the same, for those NOT vaccinated.. I assume that means that one will still have to get the EHAS authorization. Hopefully those that are fully vaccinated will be able to get their forms submitted earlier than before.
Posted By: davew

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 04:04 PM

Has anyone seen an official statement on this matter? So far I cannot find another source.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 04:06 PM

Facebook is apparently as "official" as the SXM government gets. duh

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 04:06 PM

yes, please look at the screen shot that I provided- that is the official statement- perhaps this is more official because it has the Minister or Public Health, Social Development and Labor's picture???

Attached picture 34016.jpg

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 04:11 PM

This is really good news if it holds up. A posting on FB is not what you would call a primary source. Anyone with a reference?

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 04:26 PM

Its on the Government site. What more you need.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 04:27 PM

dave--as I said, the Facebook site for SXM is "official" for SXM government. It's stupid, but it is what is is.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by davew
This is really good news if it holds up. A posting on FB is not what you would call a primary source. Anyone with a reference?

well, give him a call-1-721-549-0200🙄🙄 - FYI its is a whole lot quicker to update the Official Gvt site on FB than it is to do their on-line website. There iusuallyly QA/Testing involved and then the update is pushed to production.. JS....
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 04:46 PM

Well, crap on a cracker! We miss this new regulation by six days. frown

But it's good news for everyone else.
Posted By: Oldenuf2knowbttr

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 04:49 PM

http://www.sintmaartengov.org/Press...-a-COVID19-test-to-enter-St-Maarten.aspx
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 04:55 PM

FREAKING AWESOME NEWS!
Posted By: Todd

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 04:58 PM

So then will we need to send in our proof of Vax to get permission? Again thinking of the airlines and what they may require to get on a jet going there. I am sure more will come out but certainly want the info.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 05:02 PM

Kathy, you are a sweetheart, thank you for sharing this with us.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 05:02 PM

I have to wonder if you are not injected with an approve jab and apply for entry as unvaccinated if one would be approved for entry to SXM even with a negative test?

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 05:05 PM

I would think that would remain as it is now...neg test required . only change would apply to the vaccinated group

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 05:13 PM

martini--NO. The release says that unvaccinated folks will still need to have a test.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 05:14 PM

Bout time. I though the original float of this idea was jn May. Ditch EHAS hastle for vaccinated.

US should ditch return testing for vaccinated.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 05:17 PM

Ill amend my view of EHAS for vaccinated if it gives you scannable bar code that lets you bypass the vax card checking line.

Supe up the convenience for those that are good to go.
Posted By: timnboston

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 05:18 PM

So the little card that I got from CVS is all that I'm going to need in January? It reallly doesn't seem very "official" - but I'm certaily not complaining!

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 05:29 PM

You'll probably still need to apply through EHAS and pay for the insurance. I assume you'll need to say what vaccine you got as only approved ones will qualify. A list was provided in the news release.
Posted By: Lars

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 05:39 PM

Dear all,

Let us move over from the “Dutch” part Sint Maarten to the French part Saint-Martin and an article published today, October 20:
https://www.faxinfo.fr/en/covid-19-...-francaise-pour-les-touristes-etrangers/

My interpretation regarding those, from the US, who want to land in Sint Maarten, but wants to sleep in Saint-Martin: two mandatory requirements exists.

A proof of negative rt-PCR test not older than 72 hours when initially entering French territory;
A proof of two vaccine doses taken.

Is that a correct interpretation?

Kindly, Lars
Posted By: mdldgl

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 05:41 PM

Great news, thanks for the update. This will take a lot of the stress out of coming down. I know it will take some time for the EHAS to update their website, but hopefully when they do we can submit more than 2 or 3 days in advance of departure. This would also remove stress.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by BeachKitten
Well, crap on a cracker! We miss this new regulation by six days. frown

But it's good news for everyone else.

Same for me. Five days for me.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lars
Dear all,

Let us move over from the “Dutch” part Sint Maarten to the French part Saint-Martin and an article published today, October 20:
https://www.faxinfo.fr/en/covid-19-...-francaise-pour-les-touristes-etrangers/

My interpretation regarding those, from the US, who want to land in Sint Maarten, but wants to sleep in Saint-Martin: two mandatory requirements exists.

A proof of negative rt-PCR test not older than 72 hours when initially entering French territory;
A proof of two vaccine doses taken.

Is that a correct interpretation?

Kindly, Lars

This is how I read it, but I don't see anyway this will be enforced. Are they going to set up check points and road blocks to check peole traveling from the Dutch side to the French side???
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
You'll probably still need to apply through EHAS and pay for the insurance. I assume you'll need to say what vaccine you got as only approved ones will qualify. A list was provided in the news release.

Your CDC vaccine card should state which vaccine you received along with the dates. I'm sure they'll want a scan of that card to issue the approval.
Posted By: Lars

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 05:59 PM

Dear “mdlgdl”,

Since the pandemic started, the French authorities has put the control function on the hoteliers (including myself who is letting via Airbnb at Mont Vernon).

Please, it would be very stressful if guests from the US would show up for check-in without both the PCR-test and full vaccination proof. I.e. no hotelier (on the French side) would survive a bad relation with the French authorities.

Please, continue to fulfil the both the requirements of Sint Maarten and Saint-Martin!

Kindly, Lars

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 06:11 PM

It should be listed on your Vax card

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lars
Dear “mdlgdl”,

Since the pandemic started, the French authorities has put the control function on the hoteliers (including myself who is letting via Airbnb at Mont Vernon).

Please, it would be very stressful if guests from the US would show up for check-in without both the PCR-test and full vaccination proof. I.e. no hotelier (on the French side) would survive a bad relation with the French authorities.

Please, continue to fulfil the both the requirements of Sint Maarten and Saint-Martin!

Kindly, Lars

Understood
Posted By: timnboston

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 06:46 PM

My little card says Moderna - which is on the approved list - now all that I need is to get my booster shot (being an old fogie!)

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by GaKaye

Your CDC vaccine card should state which vaccine you received along with the dates. I'm sure they'll want a scan of that card to issue the approval.

Exactly. I wasn't disputing that.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 07:51 PM

That is good news but we are traveling prior to 11/1.
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 08:01 PM

so for us vaccinated folks we are just waiting for the proper protocol (EHAS) to apply for approval?????

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by bizzottom
so for us vaccinated folks we are just waiting for the proper protocol (EHAS) to apply for approval?????

That is the way I understand it.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 08:06 PM

Herald Article pretty much says what Gov site said.
LINK
Posted By: Jdcmcnaught

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 08:15 PM

For staying on the French side I would assume you could follow the rule for flying into the Grand Case airport :

(Vaccinated people aged 12 and over traveling to/from France to/from Grand Case:
Must provide proof of honor that they are symptom-free and unaware of having been in contact with a confirmed case of covid-19 in the fourteen days prior to the flight.)

Just read the post about the French requirements. Never new that unvaccinated were not allowed to go to St Martin without isolating for 7 days, assuming I am reading it correctly. So I guess Americans will still need to get a test to stay on French side.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 09:56 PM

Why would vaccinated people still pay for insurance. I’d love to see the inflows/outflows of the covid insurance to date. How many people have actually filed a claim ,however small, for covid treatment on island.

Unless EHAS gets me superfast, I want to be done with pre-pproval. I want to decide to go to SXM today, walk up to airport, buy a ticket, show my passport as always and of course show my super CDC card and be over all this.

Posted By: jeepers

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 10:03 PM

for the french side it reads that countries in the green zone just need proof of double vax. Orange can't even go to french side if aren't vaccinated right?

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanPirate
Why would vaccinated people still pay for insurance. I’d love to see the inflows/outflows of the covid insurance to date. How many people have actually filed a claim ,however small, for covid treatment on island.

Unless EHAS gets me superfast, I want to be done with pre-pproval. I want to decide to go to SXM today, walk up to airport, buy a ticket, show my passport as always and of course show my super CDC card and be over all this.

Because if you test positive when you get tested for your return to USA you will need that insurance while in quarantine.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 10:28 PM

Because if you test positive when you get tested for your return to USA you will need that insurance while in quarantine.

The insurance and the coverage it provides is a joke.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 10:29 PM

But you said you'd have to "say" what vaccine you got. I seriously doubt that they would be willing to take your word for it.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 10:34 PM

I think we all want that, but I, for one, am very excited that I won't have to go through the stress of testing, hoping I get my results and approval in time, and hoping the flight isn't delayed so that I have to do it all again, losing precious vacation time, not to mention money. (sorry for the run-on sentence). This is a huge positive in my mind.

And the insurance is still needed because even vaccinated people can contract covid. If you test positive upon leaving (assuming the US continues to require that for returning citizens), you'll be quarantined on the island for a certain period. My understanding is that the insurance covers this. I imagine the insurance companies are for-profit businesses, which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 10:39 PM

But you said you'd have to "say" what vaccine you got. I seriously doubt that they would be willing to take your word for it.

By "saying " would be on the question on EHAS and your card submission would prove it.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/20/2021 11:27 PM

Why would vaccinated people still pay for insurance.

Are you talking about the SXM insurance or insurance in general?? With regard to the SXM insurance, you would pay for it because you have no choice, if you want to go to SXM.

If you are talking about insurance in general, because sh*t happens!!!!
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 12:02 AM

Awesome news. We are taking 50th trip since 1977. First in 3 years. Both vaccinated and boostered. Anther hurdle gone for our trip
Posted By: bobbarb

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 12:17 AM

This is great but my wife and are going October 31 and we both have our vaccinations. It appears that I will have to through the hoops to get there.
Posted By: zeus1963

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 12:25 AM

We fly out the 23 and back the 30th. Guess we were a week early for this.
Posted By: CanuckTravlr

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by jeepers
for the french side it reads that countries in the green zone just need proof of double vax. Orange can't even go to french side if aren't vaccinated right?

The US is currently on the French "orange" zone list of countries, while Canada is currently one of the "green" zone countries.

As I understand it, the restrictions only apply to accommodations on the French side. The hoteliers are expected to enforce it, I believe, but I have no idea if that is actually being done, even though they are technically subject to penalties if they don't. No one is stopped, as far as I am aware, from just visiting the French side, whether from an orange zone or green zone country.

Any Canadian arriving on the island from a Canadian airport as of October 30th will have to be fully-vaccinated to board the plane in any case, under new Government of Canada regulations. So as of November 1st, they will only need a Covid test to reenter Canada, but not to enter SXM. They will just need to complete the EHAS application, submit proof of vaccination and pay for the compulsory insurance. Much easier!

If Canada remains on the French green zone list, then Canadians will only have to show proof of their vaccination status to stay on the French side. If Canada at some point moves back to the French orange zone list, then the same rules will apply to Canadians as currently apply to Americans. None of this has anything to do with staying on the Dutch side.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 01:52 AM

We arrive on the 10th of November and this is great for us!!!!! dance

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. And the next day we will celebrate St Maarten Day and Veterans' Day USA. So So So So Happy

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 02:29 AM

The SXM covid insurance. I get cuz u have too, but why do you have to if vaccinated.
Posted By: kim

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 02:34 AM

The SXM covid insurance. I get cuz u have too, but why do you have to if vaccinated.

Because you can still get COVID even if vaccinated.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by kim

Because you came still get COVID even if vaccinated.

A d you can then be a carrier and give it to someone else.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 10:10 AM

Belt and suspenders. Umbrella and raincoat. No wait. Two belts and two suspenders.

Now I’m safe.

I hope there is someone at both ends of my flight to check my belts and suspenders and make sure my tension test results were done with an “approved” tension tester.

After all, would’t want to expose anybody to something.

Maybe we should have an EHAS to check the EHAS. Double bureaucratic approval is safer.

Not just “Double-Good”, “Double Plus Good”.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 10:52 AM

There was talk of this back in March in the Daily Herald, we were praying that it came to fruition by this time. This nerve racking testing has us on edge even though we got vaxx in April when we returned from SXM. Congratulations for those traveling on or after November 1srt! Wish us luck!!

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 11:11 AM

Im amazed at how conditioned we have become to these “things”.

I didnt get dengue fever insurance for a 2019 trip to Cambodia and it is endemic. No vaccine. Kids/adults dying.

I got travel insurance with all ailments priced/included.

How much has been collected and did it result in more ICU beds/vents which was the worry to start.

When does this insurance end?

Double Plus Good - not.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by kim

Because you came still get COVID even if vaccinated.

A d you can then be a carrier and give it to someone else.

...and you can't return to the USA with a recent positive test. I think this has all been mentioned already....in this post. Fifteen bucks is not on my list of things to whine about

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 11:43 AM

agree Boucharda

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 11:44 AM

i also wonder if and when the protocol is in place what time frame will be allowable to submit to EHAS

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 12:11 PM

Good point...no need for any timetable for the vac'ed. But I think that will take a month or so to be changed

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 12:58 PM

BUT!!!! See this!!!!

Link

Ok, this is almost more of a PITA than the pre-testing!!!!!

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 12:58 PM

Im amazed at how conditioned we have become to these “things”.

I didnt get dengue fever insurance for a 2019 trip to Cambodia and it is endemic. No vaccine. Kids/adults dying.

I got travel insurance with all ailments priced/included.

How much has been collected and did it result in more ICU beds/vents which was the worry to start.

When does this insurance end?

Double Plus Good - not.

Not the point of MY post at all- but thanks for the diatribe..🙄

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
BUT!!!! See this!!!!

Link

Sorry, not even close.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 01:19 PM

Depends on your point of view, I guess.
Posted By: CanuckTravlr

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 01:24 PM

Agree with GaKaye. We have been doing this in Ontario (and most other provinces) for awhile now. If you are fully-vaccinated, you show your vaccination certificate or your QR code on your phone. It takes all of a few seconds. No big deal, especially if it helps minimize any Covid spread. Not even close to the hassle of arranging for Covid test within strict time limits to be able to get on a plane.

If you're not fully-vaccinated and have to do a Covid test every 72 hours, then yes, that might be a hassle. However, if you're not fully vaccinated maybe you shouldn't be travelling in the first place. Just my two cents!

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 01:25 PM

BUT!!!! See this!!!!

Link

No biggie if you are vac'ed....ticket for entry is your vac record

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 01:31 PM

Im good for taking folks on a tangent or diatribe. Like a bad, unvaxed cabdriver.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 01:33 PM

I’d reluctantly rather show my vax card than play online anything with SXM even tho they were decent with their bureacracy.

Does a picture of your vax card suffice on the honor system. Or do we need papers to verify the validity of our papers.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 03:05 PM

BUT!!!! See this!!!!

Link

I see no problem with this for me. We are doing this same thing in WA St starting Monday. I have my Vax Card on my phone so makes it easy.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 03:43 PM

As I said, apparently I am by myself on this one.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 04:15 PM

Again, if immigration verifies your eligibility to be on the island why does everyone think its OK to keep showing it at every establishment day after day.

Once I get into Disney World, i don't want to keep showing my ticket receipt for every ride.
Posted By: NumberCruncher

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 04:19 PM

Are you using an app to show your card, or, just a photo?

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 04:31 PM

Photo. That is acceptable in our state as of now.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 04:32 PM

Again, if immigration verifies your eligibility to be on the island why does everyone think its OK to keep showing it at every establishment day after day.

Once I get into Disney World, i don't want to keep showing my ticket receipt for every ride.

Because there are also unvaccinated tourists and residents on island. Just go along with the program or don't go to SXM. Pretty simple.
Posted By: NumberCruncher

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 04:33 PM

Thank you! A photo is easy.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by NumberCruncher
Thank you! A photo is easy.

And you don't need a WIFI connection to access your photo Gallery.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 05:27 PM

Because there are also unvaccinated tourists and residents on island. Just go along with the program or don't go to SXM. Pretty simple.

One of the few times I agree with you, Scuba.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 06:05 PM

I’ll get a lanyard for my card or T-shirt with a picture of my vax card.

The world seems to love rules and guard rails and compliance. Any rules people dont follow or like?

Vax card looks like an easy one to photoshop, kids-on the island making those phone vax cards for mom, dad, aunts, uncles. Just gotta get the date spacing right.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 06:08 PM

One of the few times I agree with you, Scuba.

You're making progress. grin wave handshake

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 06:11 PM

Please understand I was not doubting your veracity, I was unaware that the government of St. Maarten uses Facebook for official announcements. This is clearly good news for us as we are headed down in December and stay overnight at Logan before flying out. This should reduce the stress level to a manageable level. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: JoAnnW

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 06:41 PM

Oh thank heavens, the reason I signed up here was trying to find out all the differences and what testing we need to take. Could it be any more confusing?

The SXM website isn't updated yet, I guess we can wait until Nov 1st, but, do you think we could just submit our vaccine records now and get approved? Anyone have success doing this yet?

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by JoAnnW
Oh thank heavens, the reason I signed up here was trying to find out all the differences and what testing we need to take. Could it be any more confusing?

The SXM website isn't updated yet, I guess we can wait until Nov 1st, but, do you think we could just submit our vaccine records now and get approved? Anyone have success doing this yet?

We don't arrive until the 17th, but they'll clearly have to have a process in place several days before November 1st. I'm going to do a test run next week, and will post my experience here.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 08:05 PM

Except the Island is not a closed access venue......like Disney World
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 08:16 PM

I am not going to risk it. I have an appointment for my ID NOW at Walgreen's on Monday and will upload as soon as results received for my Wednesday/Thursday flights.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by jazzgal

I am not going to risk it. I have an appointment for my ID NOW at Walgreen's on Monday and will upload as soon as results received for my Wednesday/Thursday flights.

Linda, I think Jo Ann means for travel after November 1st. You definitely need a test.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/21/2021 08:30 PM

I just tried applying to EHAS, but it didn't work.
It said 3 days prior to departure.

Maybe this will change if they update.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/22/2021 09:14 PM

Thanks Lurker. Hopefully they have things ironed out in a couple weeks. Any chance no EHAS required for vaccinated folks?

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/22/2021 09:23 PM

SXM Website Updated, EHAS still required. Booster required after 1 year among other info:

ANNOUNCEMENT

As of November 1, 2021 all travelers to Sint Maarten who are fully vaccinated will be exempted from a COVID-19 test. The completed vaccination date cannot be older than one year, unless a booster shot has been administered before the ending of the year. The EHAS application must still be completed. The date of completion of vaccination must be submitted as well as valid proof of vaccination from the country where the vaccine was administered. A received booster shot must be indicated in the appropriate field and proof thereof must be uploaded as well.

You are considered fully vaccinated with an accepted vaccine:

2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca, Sinopharm, Sinovac/Coronavac and Covishield vaccines, or
2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine, or
2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series combination of a single dose Pfizer or Moderna with a single dose Astra Zeneca, or
2 weeks after a single-dose of vaccine after a confirmed COVID-19 infection (to be stated on proof of vaccination in absence of a digital COVID-19 vaccination certificate).
the accepted Covid-19 vaccines are: Comirnaty (Pfizer), Spikevax (Moderna), Vaxzevria (Astrazeneca), Johnson & Johnson/Janssen, Covishield (Astrazeneca), Sinopharm and Sinovac/CoronaVac.
All other safety and hygiene protocols like social distancing, face mask use and hand sanitizing remain in place.

As of November 1, 2021 all children 5 year of age or older are required to have a negative Covid-19 test in accordance with the required type of test for the risk status of the country of origin. For the age category of 5 up to 10 years, an oropharyngeal swab will also be accepted.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/22/2021 09:39 PM

I would try the EHAS form now, but, I don't have my passport here at work. I think it looks different so maybe it's updated and we can submit vaccine ahead of time earlier than 3 days?

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/23/2021 08:54 AM

ditto gakaye

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/23/2021 09:05 AM

as stated earlier Boucharda, there must ??? be a requirement to input vaccinated info to EHAS to gain an Approval document as in the past with a covid test....I THINK?!

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/23/2021 01:34 PM

I would try the EHAS form now, but, I don't have my passport here at work. I think it looks different so maybe it's updated and we can submit vaccine ahead of time earlier than 3 days?

Just looked at the EHAS site, and it has been updated to reflect the new rules. Whether or not the actual form has been updated, I don't know. We don't travel until mid-November, so I'll wait a bit before trying to apply.
Posted By: indi

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/23/2021 03:10 PM

YAY!
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/23/2021 03:48 PM

Just looked at the EHAS site, and it has been updated to reflect the new rules. Whether or not the actual form has been updated, I don't know. We don't travel until mid-November, so I'll wait a bit before trying to apply.

I just tried again and it wouldn't work.
Posted By: rterrones

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/23/2021 04:02 PM

This is great news. We are coming Dec 4th so will be watching how the bugs are worked out; if travelers have any trouble getting their EHAS applications/cards accepted, and if insurance is still required.

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/23/2021 08:44 PM

Does that surprise you?
Posted By: blackmercedes

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/23/2021 09:42 PM

This is great news!!! We are flying down on Nov. 2nd!!

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/23/2021 09:54 PM

4 NOV
Posted By: blackmercedes

Re: Great News!!! As of 11/1/2021 Vax'ed people just need their Vax card! - 10/24/2021 01:27 PM

We are so excited to go back. We were there in April and were supposed to go in August but had to cancel. Now again Nov. 2nd for our anniversary. We LOVE driving out of the airport and finally seeing the gorgeous, REBUILT Pelicans!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you forever and always to the people who got that done! They were so sad before.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline