TravelTalkOnline

Covid testing for return to US

Posted By: bobbarb

Covid testing for return to US - 10/21/2021 12:46 AM

I saw the post about November 1 change not requiring covid test if you have both vaccinations which is great, but we leave October 31. My question is the test you get at cvs or Walgreens and do on your own is this accepted for entry to USA and if so what do we show to the airline or customs if necessary.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Covid testing for return to US - 10/21/2021 01:55 AM

It is not ok if it is the off the shelf version without telemed. Go to emed.com and look there, that is what is accepted for return.
Posted By: kim

Re: Covid testing for return to US - 10/21/2021 02:37 AM

No the kind you buy at the store is not accepted. You have to buy the kind that you do over the internet with a live proctor. Abbott offers it, binaxnow ordered through emed. Or veritasgenetics is another one. I’ve used Veritas a few times now to come home and have had no issues.
Posted By: dvesc

Re: Covid testing for return to US - 10/21/2021 10:09 AM

Emed is currently sold out of the tests and doesn't expect to get more in until November. When you go to the site, they should redirect you to another vendor that does have them in stock. The downside is they are being sold in smaller packs and each test ends up being more expensive. However, if you only want two or three tests, it may not matter and could be cheaper than buying the six packs Emed was offering.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline