TravelTalkOnline

Health pass as of tomorrow!!!!

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 01:00 PM

Holy Batman, this is almost worse than the pre-trip testing!!! Link

AND it it applies to BOTH sides!!!
Posted By: Canuck54

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 01:08 PM

We have been doing this in Ontario for a while now, no biggie, flash your ID and QR code and your go to go. Haven’t had to show ID to go to bar for a looong time, reminds me of my youth😀😀
Posted By: KathyD242424

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Holy Batman, this is almost worse than the pre-trip testing!!! Link

AND it it applies to BOTH sides!!!

After reading this, it sounds like you just need to show your vaccination card if you are vaccinated, and it not, your back to testing again. A brief mention the Dutch side would be implementing something similar... If I may proffer a thought, I think that this is in response to the Dutch side news yesterday, High season coming up, and driving who would stay on what side with 'different' rules in place (as of yesterday) to bad we are involving peoples health in tourism $$$- just my initial thoughts, always a prerogative to change ones mind..
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 01:14 PM

Better than having to wear the masks.
Posted By: mort

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 01:18 PM

So if unvaccinated have to be tested every 72 hours to enter an establishment? I'm vaccinated so not a problem for me but what about those who choose not to be?

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 01:18 PM

Frankly, I'd rather wear a mask. We have to carry our vaccination cards with us everywhere??????????
Posted By: mort

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 01:22 PM

Make a copy of vaccine card. Maybe download to your phone
I'm tired of making up.
Posted By: erb923

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 01:26 PM

Was recently in Mainland France and had to convert my American Covid Vaccination card into the AntiCovid app (Pass Sanitaire), It generates a QR code which was needed for all places in France to visit (bars/restaurants/stores), even a horse race. Not sure if they will do something similar, I assume Netherlands have a similar app.
Posted By: CanuckTravlr

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 01:30 PM

Carol, do you also find it a hassle to have to carry your driver's licence with you everywhere? I really don't get the issue, it's just a little piece of paper!
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 01:32 PM

You could do the same for St. Martin, get a QR code on your phone and not have to carry your vac card...or carry your card

It will be an interesting experiment when it starts.. no downside in getting the code

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 01:32 PM

Actually, I don't carry my driver's license with me on SXM, at all. Eric drives.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 01:36 PM

Actually, I don't carry my driver's license with me on SXM, at all. Eric drives.

I would not go anywhere without ID in case something bad happened. Personal choice....
Posted By: CanuckTravlr

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 01:40 PM

Agree with boucharda, especially anytime that you are travelling in a foreign country. It's not the USA or Canada. Technically you can be asked to produce ID at anytime, especially under French law. Just not a smart idea IMO to not have some form of ID with you, particularly if something goes wrong, but that's just my experience from decades of international travel.
Posted By: pat

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 02:05 PM

In absolute honesty, I don’t see any problems with carrying a copy of the card or putting it on your cell phone. I don’t understand why people are making an issue of this and you really should have some form of ID on you jic something unanticipated should happen. - and particularly when outside your local area where you might be unknown if something went wrong.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 02:08 PM

OK, fine, I am by myself on this..
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 02:13 PM

FYI....I read recently that for iPhone users the next version of IOS 15 will have a spot to upload your vax card to the health app that I believe will generate a Q code.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 02:18 PM

You cant be too careful, papers please! Shouldnt the fact they let you on the island via a Vax card or EHAS negative test be good for your stay and allow free movement.

Turns every establishment into the Gestapo Junior League.

Its an island. Not to many people arriving outside PJIA and the port.

Im more worried that my cook has hepatitis or diarrhea quite frankly.
Posted By: pat

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanPirate
You cant be too careful, papers please! Shouldnt the fact they let you on the island via a Vax card or EHAS negative test be good for your stay and allow free movement.

Im more worried that my cook has hepatitis or diarrhea quite frankly.

With all due respect, I think some of us worry too much about what woulda, coulda, shoulda and aren’t willing to accept what is.
handshake handshake
Posted By: Lars

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 03:00 PM

Dear all,

The LINK to the full original text published by the French prefecture. It is more detailed and includes a FAQ.

Your browser may have built-in translation from French to English.

Kindly, Lars
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 03:17 PM

I'm happy to see this implemented. We are doing the same in WA St starting this Monday. I have my Vax Card on my phone.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 03:19 PM

WOW. I would never be without a form of ID home or abroad.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 04:18 PM

Hope you do t drop your phone off the dive boat, you wont be a le to get back in your room. 😀
Posted By: Todd

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 04:20 PM

Carol,

This all makes me think of the TTOL hat that I got that had a pocket on the hat to hold ID or something small. Most of the time why would you need ID ? Especially if just going walking distance from where you are staying. I minimize what I carry on SXM, have more if I cross the border into St Martin and I sometimes will carry an older expired ID for MJ but we have never in all our years been asked for ID on island except at the airport or renting a car.

We went to NYC this last weekend and their rules required you to show proof of Vax and ID to match if you wished to go inside the restaurant, even if just to use the bathroom. If you did not wish to do that you could eat outside in their temporary enclosed outdoor structures, which crack me up like they are safer than just being inside. We have our vax records on our phone and also have a clear app that can be used in some places so we were A OK with this. I am guessing this will be similar to what SXM and other places will begin to do. I wish they would do this for airline travel and drop the mask requirements and for those that choose not to get the Vax they could then have a PCR test done prior to travel.

Cheers,
Todd

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 04:36 PM

Hope you do t drop your phone off the dive boat, you wont be a le to get back in your room. 😀

Not a problem. I also would travel with multiple hard copies of my card too.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 06:30 PM

I think that part of the problem is we were warned about loosing our vaccine card and people are afraid of this happening.
I have copies on my phone and will copy the code from EHAS. I also have copies of our passports, so I don't have to carry
them around.
If there's a problem, it won't take much to get the originals in the safe.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 06:40 PM

Terri--IF a person could just carry their EHAS approval Code to enter the country and that would work, that would be a very good resolution, at least for the Dutch side. But I doubt they would be that organized. I had not heard ANYTHING about the Dutch side requiring this at all, until today. There have been rumbles about it on the French side for a while. And there seems to be zero information about how it would actually work on either side for tourists, and it's supposed to take effect tomorrow on the French side, and who knows when on the Dutch side. Extreme lack of advance planning or information.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 07:08 PM

The health pass is not accepted by all and protests will continue. I understand the delay in the PPRN passing because it would just fuel the fire. Good Luck to SXM and remember only 56% of Americans are vaccinated.
Posted By: JoAnnW

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 07:10 PM

Carrying your vax card isn't remotely even close to the same inconvenience as trying to time a negative test result with the possibility of failure. wow
Vax card is a sure thing.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 07:40 PM

"IF a person could just carry their EHAS approval Code to enter the country and that would work, that would be a very good resolution,"
Only if that EHAS code states you were vaccinated and didn't need a test to get on island. If you had to have a test to get on island because you weren't vaccinated then you would constantly need to be tested to go into those establishments and still have to show something. Just carry your vax card or picture on phone and be done with it. Pretty easy.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lars
Dear all,

The LINK to the full original text published by the French prefecture. It is more detailed and includes a FAQ.

Kindly, Lars

I have now been reading the original text as if I own a restaurant in the French Saint-Martin. I read that the penalties could become severe and I must download a verification mobile phone application called “TAC Verif” to control all restaurant guests when entering.

However, even though all EU countries are gathered in the huge database that “TAC Verif” checks, I guess it will not communicate with any database in the US.
In addition, it seems like the states in the US does not have one huge database, but different databases for different states - and some states have no digital verification possibility at all.

So, do you all agree? If you are coming from the US, do not hope that a digital verification via mobile phones will work when entering a restaurant. The best, perhaps “the only proof” that has a chance to work is your physical paper-based “CDC Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card”!

Kindly, Lars

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 07:53 PM

That is dangerously printable for people to cheat the system. Hate to see people do that as some have done and got caught and fined. Should be deleted.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 07:57 PM

Dear SXMScubaman,
I have deleted the attachment.
Kindly, Lars

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 08:09 PM

post deleted by Carol Hill

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 08:10 PM

].

You are too ME orientated. There are actually people (residents) who LIVE on the Island that this applies to...not vax'ed or tested
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 08:19 PM

To no one in particular:

Personally, I don't get the problem people have with carrying their vax card. You carry your driver license, don't you? I see no difference. Suck it up! There are bigger problems in this world than having to carry a small card.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 08:46 PM

We used our phone when we went to Toronto via the US to our Daughter's Wedding which was very wonderful .

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by jazzgal
To no one in particular:

Personally, I don't get the problem people have with carrying their vax card. You carry your driver license, don't you? I see no difference. Suck it up! There are bigger problems in this world than having to carry a small card.

Exactly. clapping

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/21/2021 09:37 PM

Dear SXMScubaman,
I have deleted the attachment.
Kindly, Lars

Good decision. Never know who would abuse it.
Posted By: Marie

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 12:24 AM

I agree with Carol on this. This is not easy as some say it is. First of all the vaccination card from the CDC is way too big to put in a wallet. I never carry a handbag so that’s not an option. when my husband and I take a taxi to different beaches (Not on the French side) we don’t take any ID with us or his cell phone. We like to go in the ocean together and would not want to leave a cell phone, a wallet and now a vaccination card on the beach. So when we went to eat lunch or have a drink we’d have to show a vaccination card so we would not be able to eat or drink. Yes, I know there are water proof wallets..we tried them. They don’t always work.
Not everyone has a cell phone. I don’t have a cell phone other than a little flip phone I keep in my car for emergencies. I have an iPad so I’d have to make a copy of the vaccination card on my iPad and schlep my iPad all over SXM? And it is a shame for restaurant owners, etc, who have to also act as police.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 12:36 AM

You can also make a soft copy at 80% which will make it the size of a credit card. Easy to carry.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 12:40 AM

Thanks, I didn’t think of that.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 12:49 AM

And them you could have it laminated to give it protection if taking it to the beach.
Posted By: Canuck54

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 12:56 AM

I never go anywhere without my wallet, has cash, ID, Credit cards and now my reduced and laminated copy of my vaccine document. Still use phone as primary tool but have backup if needed.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 01:08 AM

👍You're all set.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 01:17 AM

You just got the DB seal of approval.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by bdeeley
You just got the DB seal of approval.

And what seal is that.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 02:08 AM

"of approval", it was in my statement, pretty plain

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 02:55 AM

OK

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 03:25 AM

Whatever ❄❄

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 08:02 AM

Dear all,
I believe that we all in this forum are a mix of nationalities. Please, sometimes it is hard to understand local acronyms etc, e.g. from the US.
A forgotten topic: Imagine if Sint Maarten eventually also introduces vaccination verifications when entering restaurants, as Saint-Martin does today Friday?
Then US restaurant guests are the lucky ones, because you own paper-based vaccination cards, but I as an European/Swede only have a verification code that must actively be verified via an internet database.
I.e. US friends, you are the lucky ones - digitally dependent EU friends may get more problems (when visiting the “Dutch” side) than you visiting French Saint-Martin.
Kindly, Lars
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
And them you could have it laminated to give it protection if taking it to the beach.

Since this seems to be a never-ending situation, if you laminate something then nothing more can be added to that card.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 10:51 AM

Dear all,

Kindly, Lars

I have now been reading the original text as if I own a restaurant in the French Saint-Martin. I read that the penalties could become severe and I must download a verification mobile phone application called “TAC Verif” to control all restaurant guests when entering.

However, even though all EU countries are gathered in the huge database that “TAC Verif” checks, I guess it will not communicate with any database in the US.
In addition, it seems like the states in the US does not have one huge database, but different databases for different states - and some states have no digital verification possibility at all.

So, do you all agree? If you are coming from the US, do not hope that a digital verification via mobile phones will work when entering a restaurant. The best, perhaps “the only proof” that has a chance to work is your physical paper-based “CDC Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card”!

Kindly, Lars

For your information: Published today, based on the more informative press release from the French prefect (earlier link repeated above) > LINK

Kindly, Lars

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 10:55 AM

Here is a supplement to your common sense response.

About Your Vaccine Card

It is not recommended to laminate your vaccination card. If your vaccine information is recorded on the card using a printed label, laminating the card could burn the label, making it impossible to read. Also, as the research on COVID immunity becomes clearer, you may require a booster shot in the future, which will need to be recorded on the card. The best way to protect your vaccine card is by keeping it in a secure location. The CDC also recommends that you make a backup copy by taking a photo of the card.

Do not carry your vaccine card with you. Instead, keep your vaccine card in a secure location. Use your smartphone to take a picture of your card so that you always have a record of it with you.

Protect yourself from scammers. There has been a lot of misinformation spread about COVID-19 and the vaccines, leaving the door open for scammers to take advantage of vulnerable people. Be aware when receiving any unexpected phone calls, e-mails or text messages. Do not click on links from unknown senders, answer questions about your personal medical history or provide financial information.

This is sage advice instead of the errant wanderings of some that post because they think that quantity matters.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 11:01 AM

This is not easy as some say it is

I agreee...it's not as easy for you ....but it is what it is
Posted By: kim

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier

Since this seems to be a never-ending situation, if you laminate something then nothing more can be added to that card.

Exactly - the last thing you should do is laminate the CDC vaccine cards - how can the booster info be added to it. This really isn’t rocket science. Take a pic and have it on your phone, make a photo copy. Your EHAS for with the green line has the QR code needed. Carry that or take a picture of that. Pretty simple.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 01:38 PM

Laminate the photocopy, not the original.
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 01:42 PM

Mine is laminated as I got it when they first came out. No one imagined a booster. My booster was marked on laminate with a sharpie. And durable. I don’t carry it with me. Took a picture to show. Original in safe dark place
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Todd
Laminate the photocopy, not the original.

That's our plan, and the suggestion to shrink it so that it will fit in a wallet is an excellent one. We'll have them on our phones as well, but the copy is a good backup.
Posted By: Kathleen

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 02:52 PM

plan to do that and then have that laminated

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 02:56 PM

Incorrect. Both my wife's card and mine were laminated. Went to get booster and they said no problem. They had a sticker with all the booster information on it that was same size as the space they would write it in on then would initial it too. Facility was prepared for this.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 03:05 PM

Amazing
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 03:40 PM

Most of our favorites are smaller under the 30 people so hopefully it won't be to crazy. Have no real issue with the policy ,it to keep us safe.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 03:58 PM

Incorrect. Both my wife's card and mine were laminated. Went to get booster and they said no problem. They had a sticker with all the booster information on it that was same size as the space they would write it in on then would initial it too. Facility was prepared for this.

Did you then re-laminate the card to cover the sticker? Do you know for a fact that every health department or facility giving the vaccine operates this same way?

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 04:17 PM

I'm confused, previously you talked about shrinking down the card to fit into your wallet. Did you shrink the card down and then laminate it? If you did follow those steps than did your provider of your booster shot have to shrink down their label to 80% to make it fit your reduced sized card?

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 04:22 PM

We also had our cards laminated after the second shot. When we received our booster they put a sticker on the third line with the booster information. No problem. We then bought two plastic holders made specifically for vax cards for $1 each. It protects the sticker AND we could buy an attractive chain to put through the holes of the holders so we can wear our vax card around our respective necks.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 04:25 PM

Did you then re-laminate the card to cover the sticker? Do you know for a fact that every health department or facility giving the vaccine operates this same way?

No did not relaminate and don't plan on. Have no idea what other facilitates do. You could always ask before you get it and decide then where to go.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by bdeeley
I'm confused, previously you talked about shrinking down the card to fit into your wallet. Did you shrink the card down and then laminate it? If you did follow those steps than did your provider of your booster shot have to shrink down their label to 80% to make it fit your reduced sized card?

No. Did not present the copy to them. Only the original which is the one they want to see which would make sense.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 04:31 PM

No did not relaminate and don't plan on. Have no idea what other facilitates do. You could always ask before you get it and decide then where to go.

I seriously doubt a deciding factor for the majority of people seeking the vaccine would be if a sticker is used for a second shot or a booster shot versus a hand written entry on their card. Did you base your decision on this?
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 05:56 PM

C'mon, JD, let it go. Please? handshake

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 07:07 PM

I seriously doubt a deciding factor for the majority of people seeking the vaccine would be if a sticker is used for a second shot or a booster shot versus a hand written entry on their card. Did you base your decision on this?

Only if it was laminated. duh

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 07:47 PM

This is the funniest thread I ever remember. LMAO !!! Just wanted to get that in before the thread is stopped.
Posted By: kim

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Todd
This is the funniest thread I ever remember. LMAO !!! Just wanted to get that in before the thread is stopped.

Right!! Like why does everyone have their panties in a knot!!!!
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 08:01 PM

I think two masks and disposal underwear is the future for most here who think this is funny.

Re: Health pass as of tomorrow!!!! - 10/22/2021 08:09 PM

Since it has become such a joke, it will now end.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline