TravelTalkOnline

Boat ride

Posted By: Tonythepilot

Boat ride - 10/27/2021 11:28 AM

Any suggestions for a day trip on a catamaran?
Thanks
Posted By: pat

Re: Boat ride - 10/27/2021 12:00 PM

No1SXM (or perhaps it’s (SXMNo 1?) with Miriam and Pieter is always a lovely sailing experience. So many boats and so few days…….
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Boat ride - 10/27/2021 02:12 PM

What Pat said.

LINK
Posted By: Muskokaman

Re: Boat ride - 10/27/2021 05:12 PM

Totally agree with Pat & Jazzgal. Our party of 6 (just our group) spent the day with Miriam & Pieter. FANTASTIC!
Posted By: Tonythepilot

Re: Boat ride - 11/09/2021 05:27 PM

Ended up going out on Random Wind. Nice boat and a great crew. Had a very good time.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Boat ride - 11/12/2021 11:53 AM

This isn't a "Cat" trip, but a REALLY fun day out on the water from The lagoon to Creole rock. Rhino Safari riders!! We've been doing it for the last three trips. It's a blast and a great way to see the island !!! After much convincing, got my wife to try it!! In her words "I had a blast" I even caught her doing the "I'm on top of the world"!! LOL!!! Ask for Leo, he's a great guy, we went out on our own, just our guild, no one else but our gang!! Snorkeling is included if you want, no extra charge!! It's so much fun!! You'll thank me!! https://www.rhinotours.com/

Attached picture David Rhino gang 2019.jpg
Attached picture David Rhino .jpg
Attached picture Louise Rhino 1021.jpg
Posted By: chelea

Re: Boat ride - 11/12/2021 05:04 PM

I think it all depends on what you're looking for. Party boat with a lot of different stops - Random Wind. If you're looking to actually sail - No1 SXM. Our sunset sail was so quiet and peaceful, just the sound of the wind and waves, quiet conversation with just 2 other couples. Perfection. On the day sail, they only go to one island, Tintamarre. Pieter explained that having an itinerary with a lot of stops, as Random Wind does, necessitates motoring vs. sailing. That was our experience as well. We thought we signed up for a sail on Random Wind and other than the first leg, we motored the entire day.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Boat ride - 11/12/2021 10:28 PM

Random Wind a party boat? Not in my experience. All our trips have been laid back and lovely. Agree, if you want a quiet sail No1 is the best choice. Want a party boat, try Tango etc!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline