TravelTalkOnline

Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/28/2021 01:42 PM

Thinking about booking our next trip on Jet Blue from FLL, instead of AA from Miami. Had a bunch of AMEX miles which I am transferring to Jet Blue. Haven't flown Jet Blue in probably 5 years and haven't flown out of FLL probably in 15 years. It looks like that you can only book Blue seats, not Blue Basic, with miles? That's ok with me if so, because I want an assigned seat and want a carry on bag. For AA, you can always change dates after booking without any fees on frequent flyer tickets. It looks like you can do the same with Jet Blue? And, any info regarding FLL vs Miami would be appreciated. I would love to not have the HUGE walk in Miami any more.
Posted By: KathyD242424

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/28/2021 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Thinking about booking our next trip on Jet Blue from FLL, instead of AA from Miami. Had a bunch of AMEX miles which I am transferring to Jet Blue. Haven't flown Jet Blue in probably 5 years and haven't flown out of FLL probably in 15 years. It looks like that you can only book Blue seats, not Blue Basic, with miles? That's ok with me if so, because I want an assigned seat and want a carry on bag. For AA, you can always change dates after booking without any fees on frequent flyer tickets. It looks like you can do the same with Jet Blue? And, any info regarding FLL vs Miami would be appreciated. I would love to not have the HUGE walk in Miami any more.

I am flying Boston to FLL to meet people in FLL this Saturday and then we are going FLL to SXM any info I can gather I will share. I booked my whole flight and extra room seats to expedite boarding and have a carry on with points. I have a travel companion that I want to make sure she is fine, health issues so that is why I chose this as opposed to direct. I love the FLL airport.

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/28/2021 03:20 PM

OK, appreciate any info you can give.

Enjoy your trip!!!!!
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/28/2021 04:20 PM

Carol, I cannot answer JB vs AA because all of my flights originate our of CLT. So it is 100% AA for me. I do not mind flying through MIA. But if my destination is south Florida, I will always use FLL. FLL and TPA are my two favorite airports in Florida.
Posted By: chicstersun

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/28/2021 04:31 PM

FLL is very good. Long term parking for $9 per day right at airport. Only downside is US Customs on return. Long process if you return on Sat.
Posted By: pat

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/28/2021 05:00 PM

Hi, Chic,

Hope you guys are well……..

I think that ‘long process’ exists almost everywhere on Saturday arrivals back home. We switched over a long time ago to Friday’s - AA - HPN to CLT to SXM - but lately they’re getting crazy, too. Last April we transited through MIA and what a disaster that was! Never again!!

We head down next week and sadly, we are back to JB out of JFK but it is what it is. Anything to be there, right?

Be happy…….
Posted By: timnboston

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/28/2021 05:05 PM

I connected on JB through FLL from Boston a few years ago. It was a Sunday morning and very busy and a bit hectic and disorganized because of all the cruise ship passengers arriving. It wasn't bad enough to discourage me from doing it again however.

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/28/2021 05:41 PM

ndfan--I have a really hard time with all the walking for an international flight from Miami..

chich and tim--we will be going down on a Thursday and returning on a Monday, provided I get confirmation my dates are available at Beachside..
Posted By: chicstersun

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/28/2021 05:47 PM

Walk is on the shorter side of others. Much smaller airport. Check out the terminal map on the airport website.

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/28/2021 05:55 PM

OK, like I said, it's been a LONG time since we flew out of there..

Anyone have any info on changing tickets bought with points?
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/28/2021 10:51 PM

We use both AA and Jet Blue, depending on price, we prefer FLL for everything except parking, not a lot of spaces, we normally book a hotel in FLL that does parking and shuttle service. We havent changed flights with points but we have cancelled and had the points credited back ito our account, so I would think that changing would be the same

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/28/2021 10:58 PM

Uk--thanks for the info.
Posted By: OrientBeach_jimbeach

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/29/2021 02:06 AM

Hello Carol,
I have flown Jet Blue from Miami once and Fort Lauderdale twice and I prefer Fort Lauderdale. I like the Fort Lauderdale airport better as Miami is always very crowded. At the Miami airport I also found when I used Uber to return back to the place I was staying (son in law) the Uber drivers drove off the airport property to drive the rates up 300 percent, so I waited until they decided to start driving back to the airport again but still paid more than normal.
Now I just drive down I-95 from New Smyrna Beach early in the morning to Fort Lauderdale and use 'off airport parking' and they shuttle me there and back.
I vote Fort Lauderdale airport.

Jim
Posted By: popeyeskid

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/29/2021 11:12 AM

We have used JetBlue FLL-SXM several times and always on points. I have also had to change flights several times during the past (almost) 2 years now. Super easy to do and JetBlue has always been easy to work with.
Posted By: irina

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/29/2021 12:07 PM

carol, have you asked for transport? By cart not wheelchair? It would make things easier. I have done it after surgeries etc.
The most annoying part is when they stop pushing wheelchair to gossip with other employees. But at least I was sitting down.
Cheers
irina

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/29/2021 12:47 PM

Irina--My last experience with wheelchair in Miami went like this. Walk off the plane and wait for about five minutes for a wheelchair to come. Wheelchair takes me about 3 minutes walk to an area which appears to be designated for those waiting for transport. Wait 20 minutes there, when a cart came and picked me up, along with another woman who had come there in a wheelchair. We ride 5 minutes in the cart to another place where we are dumped off, to wait another 10 minutes for a final wheelchair, which finally took us through a designated wheelchair line. Unfortunately the majority of folks in the line appeared to be foreign nationals, so it moved as slow as M_O_L_A_S_S_E_S... Finally a fellow came up and asked if I was a US citizen and he directed us to another line. Needless to say, by the time we got to baggage claim, our bags were already off the carousel and sitting on the side..

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/29/2021 12:50 PM

Orientbeach--what off airport parking do you use?? Are they good about picking you up at the airport? We have been using Miami Park and Fly in Miami and they are WONDERFUL. All valet. Highly recommended.

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/29/2021 12:50 PM

popeeye--thanks much!

Re: Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale - 10/29/2021 05:11 PM

Well, got confirmation from Tracy that our dates are available, so just booked Jet Blue from FLL, mostly with points. Jet Blue's website was f*ed up, as always, but got it done. We're booked!! wave wave
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline