TravelTalkOnline

New Covid Protocols Nov 1st - Question about Return

Posted By: Teresasxm

New Covid Protocols Nov 1st - Question about Return - 10/29/2021 03:04 PM

Hi everyone,
We're traveling to St. Maarten on November 11th, so with the new rules coming into effect on Nov 1st, we won't have to get a negative Antigen or PCR test to enter from Canada.

A question has been nagging in my brain since the new rules were announced. To get back into Canada we need a negative PCR test. So, what if you had Covid and didn't know it? I've read on these threads that you can test positive for up to three months or more after getting Covid so in that case you would need a recovery letter from your doctor. Is anyone tempted to get a Covid test BEFORE they leave just to have peace of mind that you'll be able to get back home without having to quarantine on the island? That way if you had it and didn't know it, then you'd have time to get a recovery letter from your doctor.

Thoughts? Or am I being too careful?
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: New Covid Protocols Nov 1st - Question about Return - 10/29/2021 03:16 PM

Or you can have an antibody test, that will show if you had Covid in the past. If it shows antibodies, you could get a recovery letter.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: New Covid Protocols Nov 1st - Question about Return - 10/29/2021 03:50 PM

You can certainly do that, get a test before you go. If you can get one free, you could do that. I think you would know if you had gotten it in the past, but maybe not.
Posted By: dvesc

Re: New Covid Protocols Nov 1st - Question about Return - 10/29/2021 04:28 PM

We're planning to get tested right before we go regardless of if it's required. We fortunately have free and fast testing nearby, but we also have a few of the home tests. My main reason for doing it is to reduce the chances we are sick but asymptomatic and only find out once we are testing to try and get home. I'd much rather realize it before leaving, as would everyone on our flights.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline