TravelTalkOnline

Taxi vs Rental Car vs Hassled

Posted By: AlohaMates

Taxi vs Rental Car vs Hassled - 11/29/2021 10:12 PM

We are staying at Orient Bay Hotel in a few weeks. I have no clue what taxi rates are to and from the airport and Orient to Grand Case for dinner. We normally rent a car but sometimes it sits there for a few days doing nothing. I don’t know if there would be less chance getting hassled in a taxi vs rental. Any help on taxi rates would be helpful.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Taxi vs Rental Car vs Hassled - 11/29/2021 10:53 PM

Taxi rates to the airport from Orient run around $35 one way, more after 6 PM, plus additional for bags and more than 2 people. Grand Case I would guess around $15 one way. As far as getting hassled, I assume you mean by protesters, etc?? Taxi drivers presumably would know more what is going on, so I guess that would be one advantage. Suggest you contact Wilfred Brooks for up to date quotes.. Link
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Taxi vs Rental Car vs Hassled - 11/30/2021 12:39 AM

There are rental companies that base out of the airport near Grand Case. We rented from one a few days in our stay they dropped off at our hotel and when they picked it up they took us to the airport on the Dutch side. So cab to Orient, rent a car in a few days, get a ride to the airport. Pretty easy. Most hotels and condo rentals have car rental info in the lobby. We tried to go strictly cab one trip and it didn’t work out to well. Who knew cabs don’t run when it is raining. That’s what we were told. We had to give a bartender 25.00 to take us back to GC from OB.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline