TravelTalkOnline

Travel to St Maarten after recovering from Covid

Posted By: BillS

Travel to St Maarten after recovering from Covid - 12/31/2021 07:01 PM

Does anyone know the requirements for travel to St Maarten after testing positive and recovering form COVID? We will have proof of a positive PCR test. To travel to Canada we require proof of a positive Covid test that is between 14 and 180 day old. Does St Maarten have any similar requirements. We are double vaxed and have our booster.
Thanks for any help
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Travel to St Maarten after recovering from Covid - 12/31/2021 07:30 PM

Being vaccinated with booster you don't need a test to go to SXM.
Posted By: BillS

Re: Travel to St Maarten after recovering from Covid - 12/31/2021 09:36 PM

Agreed, but I believe the EHSA asks
the question "Have you tested positive for Covid" not sure what happens when you answer yes. Are there specific time frames before you are allowed in ??
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Travel to St Maarten after recovering from Covid - 12/31/2021 10:39 PM

Read the EHAS site and contact them if you have further questions. There is a particular paragraph that seems to address this. Do NOT falsify your document like a previous poster suggested.

EHAS LINK

Below is just part of what is stated but it seems to apply in your case.

From the EHAS site:

4. You are considered fully vaccinated with an accepted vaccine:

2 weeks after a single-dose of vaccine after a confirmed COVID-19 infection within 6 months before the vaccination (to be stated on proof of vaccination in absence of a digital COVID-19 infection certificate).
Posted By: Mikel

Re: Travel to St Maarten after recovering from Covid - 01/01/2022 12:00 AM

Last January, my wife and I had to each certify that we had previously tested positive, but there was no repercussions from stating that. We were positive in December and travelled in January with no issues.
Posted By: KGB

Re: Travel to St Maarten after recovering from Covid - 01/01/2022 12:48 AM

Hey we are in the same shoes! Double vacced but wife and kid got Covid right before Xmas. So there is no point of getting the 3rd booster for them, that’s just plain stupid. As for me, I didn’t get sick after looking after them for over a week.
They will most likely test positive in PCR test so it’s ok as per EHAS but they have to have a CT value 35 or higher..
“Applicants with a recent COVID-19 infection and still a positive COVID-19 test will only be granted entry with a pos rt-PCR test result when the Ct value is above 35. The Ct value must be clearly indicated on the test result.”
Posted By: CarolinaSailor

Re: Travel to St Maarten after recovering from Covid - 01/01/2022 01:14 AM

You might want to reconsider your position on booster vaccination after infection. From the CDC website, "Substantial immunologic evidence and a growing body of epidemiologic evidence indicate that vaccination after infection significantly enhances protection and further reduces risk of reinfection, which lays the foundation for CDC recommendations."

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/vaccine-induced-immunity.html
Posted By: EdB

Re: Travel to St Maarten after recovering from Covid - 01/01/2022 02:26 AM

agree. sounds lik e cdc an other countries also will not consider someone fully vaccinated until that person has had the two shots, or one with JJ, and all the boosters required at the time. People with no booster are not considered fully vaccinated any longer. GET THEM ALL....makes life a lot easier for all.
Posted By: KGB

Re: Travel to St Maarten after recovering from Covid - 01/01/2022 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by CarolinaSailor
You might want to reconsider your position on booster vaccination after infection. From the CDC website, "Substantial immunologic evidence and a growing body of epidemiologic evidence indicate that vaccination after infection significantly enhances protection and further reduces risk of reinfection, which lays the foundation for CDC recommendations."

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/vaccine-induced-immunity.html

There is not enough solid data as of yet. I am not sold on that one, sorry. Anyway, we are not in a vaccine discussion here but rather to help fellow travellers to go thru the entrance procedure. Cheers!

Re: Travel to St Maarten after recovering from Covid - 01/01/2022 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by KGB
Originally Posted by CarolinaSailor

There is not enough solid data as of yet. I am not sold on that one, sorry. Anyway, we are not in a vaccine discussion here but rather to help fellow travellers to go thru the entrance procedure. Cheers!

And the booster requirement is part of it.
Posted By: badbenni

Re: Travel to St Maarten after recovering from Covid - 01/01/2022 06:02 PM

If a person tests positive for covid 19 variant Omicron while on st maarten; how long will they be quarantined before able to fly to USA? Is it 5 days or 14 days if fully vaccinated with all 3 shots?

Re: Travel to St Maarten after recovering from Covid - 01/01/2022 06:04 PM

I believe it is 10 days from onset of symptoms.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Travel to St Maarten after recovering from Covid - 01/01/2022 06:37 PM

This is a major question and many different answers can be found. "from onset of symptoms" does not work if you are asymptomatic and just found out after testing

Re: Travel to St Maarten after recovering from Covid - 01/01/2022 07:26 PM

At that point it would begin with testing positive. There is a threat on TripAdvisor telling the persons experience with this.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline