TravelTalkOnline

SXM entry requirements

Posted By: WayneB

SXM entry requirements - 01/04/2022 04:13 PM

If the current requirements are "no COVID test required" for fully vaccinated and boostered, they might relax the requirement to apply for entry.

It would be nice to allow request for entry more than 3 days in advance. 7 days maybe? Just a thought.

Attached picture entry_sxm.jpg
Posted By: clementine

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/04/2022 09:03 PM

Hi Wayne, That is very interesting, would that apply to all the BVI islands? Where did you find that source please? Thank you
Posted By: kim

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/04/2022 10:51 PM

But why? If no test required the EHAS authorization comes back pretty quick. 3 days is more than enough. Even when uploading a test results it’s more than enough.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/04/2022 10:57 PM

clementine--BVI? This is the SXM forum.
Posted By: Thewsm

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 02:40 PM

I wonder if anyone who is fully vaxxed and boosted has been denied by EHAS and required to be tested? We are due to be in SXM in two weeks. We are fully vaxxed and boosted. On my covid card the first two shots are recorded with a sticker. The booster shot is hand written below the stickers by the pharmacist at Riteaid. It specifies: #3 - Pfizer - the lot number - the date - RiteAid. I am hoping the hand written (versus sticker) will not be a problem for EHAS.
I have been following your board for years - I appreciate all the information I have been able to garner! You guys are the best.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 03:01 PM

My card is the same as yours except for the vaccine type(Moderna)..First two does in FL (stickers)...booster in MA and it had to be put (written) on a new card under "third dose". I will be submitting to EHAS tomorrow so I will find out and report back

I would NOT want to try and get a test scheduled at the last minute....ain't gonna happin'
Posted By: rickjames

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 03:05 PM

All 3 of my shots are handwritten, doubt there will be an issue. This is a lot of paper pushing , CYA
Posted By: Mikel

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 03:07 PM

I submitted yesterday with 3 handwritten entries and was approved in less than an hour.
Posted By: travelgeek24

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 03:42 PM

I received my boost shot yesterday 1/4/22 and fly out 1/14/22. Does this qualify or will I need to take a test?

Thanks.

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 04:06 PM

fully vaccinated with booster shot received. Booster shot should be at least 2 wks. old and not exceed 9 months since administered: no covid-19 test required
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by travelgeek24
I received my boost shot yesterday 1/4/22 and fly out 1/14/22. Does this qualify or will I need to take a test?

Thanks.

You will need a test.

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by rickjames
All 3 of my shots are handwritten, doubt there will be an issue. This is a lot of paper pushing , CYA

Should not be an issue. Most cards I've seen have been handwriten. My first 2 shots were handwriten and boosrer at Costco was a sticker only because I had card laminated before booster.
Posted By: badbenni

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 04:35 PM

I thought as of January 1 2022 a negative antigen test is required for those who are fully vaccinated to enter SXM from USA. Unvaccinated need to have a rtPCR test to enter.Where are you getting the information about NO covid test is required to enter ?

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 04:39 PM

"ffective January 1, 2022, all countries will be classified as very high risk until further notice with Covid-19 test requirements based on the vaccination status:
fully vaccinated with booster shot received. Booster shot should be at least 2 wks. old and not exceed 9 months since administered: no covid-19 test required
fully vaccinated 18 yrs. and older without booster shot: 48 hrs. rt-PCR or 24 hr. Ag test required
fully vaccinated older than 5 and younger than 18 yrs. without booster shot: no covid-19 test required
non -vaccinated: 48 hrs. rt-PCR test required"
Off the EHAS site.

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 04:49 PM

Yup...I posted the quote from the EHAS site on this thread around 30 minutes ago
Posted By: Thewsm

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 05:03 PM

Thank you to everyone who shared what their covid cards look like - I can dial my worry meter from 10 down to 4 smile.
Posted By: Larkin

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 07:38 PM

Has anyone applied, who's vac card has 2 doses on front and booster on back? Will the site take two pictures?

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 07:49 PM

Supprised they didn't put it on the third line unless ypu had something else there.

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 08:12 PM

the stickers took up the space
Posted By: Mikel

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 08:40 PM

My wife was approved yesterday with 2 on the front and 1 on the back but we had made it into a single-page pdf. Actually, once you say that you have a booster, it asks you to upload another document so you could put the back side there. Since mine was all on the front, I just gave them the same as the line above.

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 08:40 PM

Must have been big stickers. My booster sticker fit on line 3. You might want to copy both sides onto a single sheet then scan that for your submission.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/05/2022 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Originally Posted by rickjames

Should not be an issue. Most cards I've seen have been handwriten. My first 2 shots were handwriten and boosrer at Costco was a sticker only because I had card laminated before booster.

I also had my card laminated (entries were handwritten). When I received my booster, they gave me a second card. frown

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/06/2022 12:09 AM

Pretty soon there will be a 4th shot.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/06/2022 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Pretty soon there will be a 4th shot.

Is that typically how a vaccine works?

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/06/2022 12:41 AM

Looks like it does in this case.

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/06/2022 11:39 AM

...and the flu vaccine is an every year thing so not a unique case
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/06/2022 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda
...and the flu vaccine is an every year thing so not a unique case

And that is due to a different strain each year. This has become 3-4 shots of a vaccine within 12 months in some cases.

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/06/2022 12:42 PM

Yup...and probably will need a booster because of new varients.... a.k.a "strains"

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/06/2022 01:06 PM

Will probably need one every year like the flu, which is also in the covid family.

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/06/2022 01:10 PM

Thanks for the info! We are in NY also

Re: SXM entry requirements - 01/06/2022 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda
My card is the same as yours except for the vaccine type(Moderna)..First two does in FL (stickers)...booster in MA and it had to be put (written) on a new card under "third dose". I will be submitting to EHAS tomorrow so I will find out and report back

Submitted my form a tad before 9am and the wife's a tad after. Same single pic of both sides (saved as PDF) for both places on the forms. Wife got her OK at 10am....mine at 1210p. No issues....
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline