TravelTalkOnline

Air Canada IS Suspending Flights

Posted By: d_fish

Air Canada IS Suspending Flights - 01/04/2022 09:50 PM

Air Canada is not suspending flights. The news going around today was recycled from 2021. AC had to issue a press release today to correct the circulating story that popped up on many feeds.

Still check your flights, many are canceled these days due to crew availability. Many are calling out sick due to CDC guidelines.

https://www.narcity.com/air-canada-...PY9euIT-MiwxKWv8HlF_EjrKt3WtJDHL8zk0J-pQ
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Air Canada NOT Suspending Flights - 01/04/2022 11:04 PM

OK, very confusing. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: Teresasxm

Re: Air Canada NOT Suspending Flights - 01/04/2022 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by d_fish
Air Canada is not suspending flights. The news going around today was recycled from 2021. AC had to issue a press release today to correct the circulating story that popped up on many feeds.

Still check your flights, many are canceled these days due to crew availability. Many are calling out sick due to CDC guidelines.

https://www.narcity.com/air-canada-...PY9euIT-MiwxKWv8HlF_EjrKt3WtJDHL8zk0J-pQ

Air Canada is suspending direct flights to St. Maarten after Jan 29th for at least a month. I have been following the info from 2021 circulating through the feeds for three days (mostly Caribbean news outlets) but my first post warning my fellow Canadian travelers to check their flight information is very valid. There are no direct flights on Air Canada from Jan 30th until at least Feb 26th and there are no guarantees the airline will start up then because they are monitoring the current situation. Our direct flight on Feb 3rd for two weeks was cancelled without warning and they did not contact us. I had to do some checking on my own so hence the warning that I posted. The bottom line is - right now, we have to advocate for ourselves and be vigilant because airline schedules change every day due to Covid. And that is solid advice for every Caribbean destination.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Air Canada NOT Suspending Flights - 01/05/2022 11:20 AM

Where does it say they are suspending flights from January 30 - February 26?
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Air Canada NOT Suspending Flights - 01/05/2022 12:20 PM

It looks like all flights to SXM on Air Canada in February are overnighters connecting with United in EWR

Edit: I didn't realize there were two threads going and should have posted in the original...sorry
Posted By: WCHam

Re: Air Canada NOT Suspending Flights - 01/05/2022 12:40 PM

The flights are overnighters in NY and take roughly 20+ hours. Not a direct flight. In effect, AC has abandoned direct flights to SXM.
Posted By: JMSH

Re: Air Canada NOT Suspending Flights - 01/05/2022 01:14 PM

I had a flight booked with AC direct to SXM from Toronto February 12th....that flight was cancelled 2 weeks ago. Based on the timing the flight cancellation is not due to the availability of a flight crew.
Posted By: Teresasxm

Re: Air Canada NOT Suspending Flights - 01/06/2022 01:50 PM

Here is the confirmation:

Nino Montagnese, VP of Air Canada Vacations just confirmed in a letter to Canada's travel trade that there will be disruptions to their flight schedule from Jan 24th-April 30th. Affected destinations will include St. Maarten plus Antigua, Aruba, Samana, Curacao, Exuma, Grenada, Puerto Plata, Santo Domingo, Bermuda, Grand Cayman, Havana, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Kitts and Nevis.

To make sure travelers aren't stranded, Montagnese says Air Canada plans to operate a number of one way flights from the affected destinations to get people back to Canada.

The full story is here: https://openjaw.com/newsroom/operat...on-suspensions-affecting-7-of-customers/
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Air Canada IS Suspending Flights - 01/06/2022 02:39 PM

The original post is wrong. Confirmation on Air Canada website today. Link

Closing this thread.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline