TravelTalkOnline

No Mardis de Grand Case this year

Posted By: Carol_Hill

No Mardis de Grand Case this year - 01/10/2022 02:03 PM

Link

Due to covid, no festival this year, which was due to start February 1. Stinks.
Posted By: RickandJulie

Re: No Mardis de Grand Case this year - 01/10/2022 05:02 PM

Is this also what they refer to as Harmony night?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: No Mardis de Grand Case this year - 01/10/2022 05:10 PM

Yes, it used to be known as Harmony Nights. Many persons, like myself, still refer to it as that. smile
Posted By: RickandJulie

Re: No Mardis de Grand Case this year - 01/10/2022 05:43 PM

Bummer. We were really looking forward to it. I certainly understand why they cancelled it.
Posted By: CJIMI

Re: No Mardis de Grand Case this year - 01/10/2022 08:35 PM

I wonder if the Prefet is also going to shut down the Lolos ? We are scheduled to arrive on March 5 for a week. Always look forward to eating at the Lolos.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: No Mardis de Grand Case this year - 01/10/2022 08:41 PM

No clue why they would ever choose to close outdoor places to eat and keep the inside places open...
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: No Mardis de Grand Case this year - 01/10/2022 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by CJIMI
I wonder if the Prefet is also going to shut down the Lolos ? We are scheduled to arrive on March 5 for a week. Always look forward to eating at the Lolos.

I can't see why they would.
Posted By: Canuck54

Re: No Mardis de Grand Case this year - 01/10/2022 10:09 PM

Interesting that one reason was with multiple entry points it would be impossible to check the sanitary pass,,,we haven’t been asked for any proof of anything on either side of the island. At least not yet. Some places have temperature scanners but that’s about it.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: No Mardis de Grand Case this year - 01/11/2022 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Canuck54
Interesting that one reason was with multiple entry points it would be impossible to check the sanitary pass,,,we haven’t been asked for any proof of anything on either side of the island. At least not yet. Some places have temperature scanners but that’s about it.

What a joke.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline