TravelTalkOnline

Looking for restaurants/suggestions.

Posted By: BarleyMan

Looking for restaurants/suggestions. - 01/11/2022 09:42 PM

Hi Everyone,

We are so looking forward to our upcoming trip to SXM (it’s been a few years). We’ll be sailing for a week, and have just few nights in Grand Case, and a day at Mary’s Boon.

Looking for some suggestions/feedback on restaurants in GC, and near Marys Boon we can walk to. Some of my favorites from years past are no more. Also, places change, new one open, etc.

I culled the below list from posts here and memory/google.

GC

Lolos.. any favorite?
GCBC – Sunset Cafe
Spiga
Oceans 82
Les Temps des Cerise
La Villa
Le Cottage
Piazza Pascal
L'Auberge Gourmande
Bistrot Caraïbes
Le Pressoir

Marys Boon: ? I’ve never been to that part of the island. Any suggestions.

Thank you all so much!!!
Posted By: bostonbob

Re: Looking for restaurants/suggestions. - 01/11/2022 10:34 PM

Every choice you listed in GC has always been,and still remain excellent dining experiences. We love them all,but are big fans of Spiga. Can’t help with the other side since we are primarily French side folks. Enjoy!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Looking for restaurants/suggestions. - 01/11/2022 10:58 PM

Talk of the town lolo is my go to.
Posted By: erb923

Re: Looking for restaurants/suggestions. - 01/11/2022 11:09 PM

Le Pressoir has a lunch special everyday, only 26euro for 3 courses, great price for a good meal.
https://lepressoirsxm.com/lunch/
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Looking for restaurants/suggestions. - 01/11/2022 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Talk of the town lolo is my go to.

I second that choice....
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Looking for restaurants/suggestions. - 01/12/2022 02:07 AM

Mary's Boon serves food. Karakter beach bar is within walking distance of MB.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Looking for restaurants/suggestions. - 01/12/2022 03:48 AM

Mary's Boon has a nice seaside dining room that serves breakfast lunch and dinner everyday, friendly staff and good food at good prices. Plus they also have a great beach bar that serves food at your free chair and umbrella . Its a lovely Caribbean Style gardened property so walk around if you go by.
Posted By: lhbsurf

Re: Looking for restaurants/suggestions. - 01/12/2022 12:12 PM

Our favorite meal in Grand Case this trip (December 2021) was at Le Bistronome. It's relatively new I think, but really fabulous food!

Other than Karakter, I don't think there's restaurants I'd walk to in that area at night myself, lunch maybe.... there are many good ones in Simpson Bay though if you're so inclined. Palapa Grill is our favorite, but Sal e Pepe is nice and fairly close as well.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Looking for restaurants/suggestions. - 01/12/2022 02:05 PM

I think you hit all my favorites in Grand Case. For Mary's Boon, I would do breakfast and lunch at MB and dinner at Karakter, or flip lunch and dinner at Karakter and MB. As someone else said, there is nowhere I would walk to at night from MB. Depending on what day it is, they do have live music at Karakter some nights.
Posted By: tbaybob

Re: Looking for restaurants/suggestions. - 01/12/2022 05:51 PM

We like Villa Royale next to bridge.Leo is great chef.
Prices slightly higher than lolos,but much better service and way more comfortable.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Looking for restaurants/suggestions. - 01/12/2022 06:06 PM

I believe Piazza Pascal is closed. If it's still open it's under new ownership, as Pascal and Donna left the island several years ago.
Posted By: urifin

Re: Looking for restaurants/suggestions. - 01/13/2022 03:39 AM

Our two most favorite restaurants in GC are L'Auberge Gourmande and Le Bistronome. Chantal, the owner of Le Bistrinome is an absolute delight.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Looking for restaurants/suggestions. - 01/13/2022 08:51 AM

Greenhouse Simpson Bay is a fun go to place for HH and great dinner specials!!! https://www.thegreenhouserestaurant.com/blog2.html
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Looking for restaurants/suggestions. - 01/13/2022 02:13 PM

David--I agree the Greenhouse is a good value, but the original poster was asking for walking distance from Mary's Boon..
Posted By: bethandsteve

Re: Looking for restaurants/suggestions. - 01/13/2022 02:18 PM

Piazza Pascal is open but under new ownership.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline