TravelTalkOnline

Techno music festival going forward

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Techno music festival going forward - 02/08/2022 02:12 PM

Link

Not my cup of tea, but I guess some enjoy it. Interesting link up of steel pan and techno music..
Posted By: IslandBoi

Re: Techno music festival going forward - 02/08/2022 03:35 PM

i guess they will have to put up more decorations, since we noticed in january that the big stone looking statue that i believe was put up for the last festival was no longer there at happy bay beach…Dani told us some guy had burned it down as a protest or something…lol…guy is supposedly in a guadeloupe prison now. doh
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Techno music festival going forward - 02/08/2022 04:02 PM

Interesting mix of music.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Techno music festival going forward - 02/08/2022 06:18 PM

I remember seeing a picture of that statue at one point. I think the destruction of it was a part of the recent protests.
Posted By: dvesc

Re: Techno music festival going forward - 02/09/2022 12:40 AM

Yes, it was there in 2020 and then destroyed in December 2021. It looked like stone, but it was far less solid (and more flammable) based on the pieces we saw.

Happy Bay has been our beach of choice away from the crowds, so it’s hard to imagine it as the site of a festival. We really enjoyed the days of having cows wander the beach in the afternoon. We didn’t see anything like that during our last two visits.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Techno music festival going forward - 02/09/2022 05:27 PM

With Mr. Dow involved with his stucture musically with young students will be a very positive addition.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline