TravelTalkOnline

Heineken Airplane

Posted By: WILLVINO

Heineken Airplane - 02/08/2022 08:00 PM

So I have been to SXM many times and always drive by the green heineken airplane and always wondered what that was like. I thought it said bar and restaurant. Anyone have any experience and is it even open? It has been 5 years since I have been there.

Thanks
Posted By: George1234

Re: Heineken Airplane - 02/08/2022 08:14 PM

It has been gone for several years
George
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Heineken Airplane - 02/08/2022 08:25 PM

It was probably not even open 5 years ago. As of 3-4 years ago, what was left of it was near Bobby's Marina (in the water) on the way to the cruise ship pier. I ate there a couple of times. Very local food and not something every tourist would like.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Heineken Airplane - 02/08/2022 10:05 PM

Long gone. Take it off your list of places to go.
Posted By: WILLVINO

Re: Heineken Airplane - 02/09/2022 03:07 AM

Thanks everyone we can close this post Carol.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Heineken Airplane - 02/09/2022 02:02 PM

Willvino--no problem asking the question. Some other people here were probably curious about it as well. I was never inside of it either. Makes sense it was a locals kind of a place.
Posted By: mort

Re: Heineken Airplane - 02/09/2022 03:11 PM

It was a fun place. Mostly locals but we met and have kept in touch with a few characters we would meet there.
Posted By: Snorkeller

Re: Heineken Airplane - 02/12/2022 12:52 AM

You can visit the green Heineken plane under water near the Tiki Hut in Little Bay - not in the greatest shape.
Posted By: the captain

Re: Heineken Airplane - 02/12/2022 02:34 AM

Shut up, seriously? Turned it into reef?

Re: Heineken Airplane - 02/12/2022 03:23 AM

Not really a reef but a nice snorkeling or dive relic that will be home for fish and other marine life and attraction.

Re: Heineken Airplane - 02/27/2022 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
As of 3-4 years ago, what was left of it was near Bobby's Marina (in the water) on the way to the cruise ship pier.

Quick question, can you describe what you mean here? It was in the water at Bobby’s in Phillipsburg?

So here’s my update. We surreptitiously found it.

We chartered a boat around the the island. Our captain took us to Little Bay and casually mentions there’s some cannons, a helicopter and a plane there too. I ask, “The Heineken Plane” from years ago? Yep!

The family and I all saw it. It’s a Good 30 feet underwater. My son & I both dove down to knock on the hull of the aircraft skin. Pretty surreal, almost haunting as fish swam through it. The fuselage is broken past the door.

If the water is clear on a good sunny day, I reckon you could see it looking down from Fort Amsterdam

Re: Heineken Airplane - 02/27/2022 03:59 PM

Good place for it.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Heineken Airplane - 02/27/2022 04:01 PM

It was partially in the water and partially on land the last time I saw it, 3-4 years ago, perhaps more. It appears it was towed to Little Bay and has found its final resting place there. Glad you got to see it.

Re: Heineken Airplane - 02/27/2022 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
It was partially in the water and partially on land the last time I saw it, 3-4 years ago, perhaps more. It appears it was towed to Little Bay and has found its final resting place there. Glad you got to see it.

Merci. It was a wild serendipitous add onto the trip.
Posted By: Snorkeller

Re: Heineken Airplane - 02/28/2022 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by the captain
[quote=ruralcarrier]If the water is clear on a good sunny day, I reckon you could see it looking down from Fort Amsterdam

If not snorkeling or diving, you would need glass bottom boat or underwater viewer to see the plane.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline