TravelTalkOnline

Another EHAS Question

Posted By: KitKat

Another EHAS Question - 02/10/2022 04:19 PM

We hope to be arriving on a Saturday, and know that we need to fill out the EHAS on Wednesday, but both of us have commitments that day. Does anyone know if they will allow us to fill in the information on Tuesday, but not send it until Wednesday? We don't know how long or how detailed the application is or how much time is involved to get it ready to send. I have not seen this question asked in any of the other threads, or perhaps I missed it.
Posted By: Mikel

Re: Another EHAS Question - 02/10/2022 04:23 PM

If you try to do it Tuesday, it will not take the Saturday arrival date. If you just want to see what they ask, just fudge in a date that is 3 or less days from when you do it. You can see the first two pages (assuming you get past the first on successfully), just don't go to the 3rd page which is where they ask for insurance payment info.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Another EHAS Question - 02/10/2022 05:01 PM

I'm not sure if your question is pre-supposing that you have to fill out the application EXACTLY three days before. The rule is NO MORE THAN 3 days before. If you can't fill it in on that date, you can do it the next day. Or as Mikel suggested, just start to fill in the form and put in a date which is three days or LESS from when you want to travel, in order to see the questions. And if you start to fill in the form, it does save some of the information, so it is somewhat helpful to fill it in early and then go back to the form when it's actually time to submit.

It really does not take that long to fill in the application, but I do agree that it would be helpful if they had a blank form online for folks to look at, to know what to fill in on the form. You WILL need your passport numbers and your flight numbers in order to fill it in. If you are vaccinated and boosted, you will need to have your vaccination results also, so make sure you know where you can find that copy of your vaccine records. When I had all that information in hand, I would say it took no more than 10 minutes to fill everything out, and I was being pretty careful to try to fill in everything correctly.

One thing that threw me the first time I did the form is that the dates are in the European format. So February 10, 2022 is 10-2-22, not 2-10-22.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Another EHAS Question - 02/10/2022 05:09 PM

Just do it Thursday. Plenty of time to get it in and approved. Especially if fully vaxed and boosted.
Posted By: RickandJulie

Re: Another EHAS Question - 02/10/2022 09:29 PM

That's exactly what we did. We arrive on Saturday but decided to wait until today to do the AHAS form. That way (God forbid) if we are delayed a day, it won't make a difference.

Everything is back and approved. We're locked and loaded and can't wait!
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Another EHAS Question - 02/10/2022 10:52 PM

Agreed...Thursday will work
Posted By: KitKat

Re: Another EHAS Question - 02/12/2022 11:46 AM

Thank you everyone for your help, and especially Carol who was more specific about what I needed to have on hand when I fill it out. Now I can let the other family members know also. We hope to be there a week from today! Yeah!
Posted By: extreme

Re: Another EHAS Question - 02/12/2022 12:58 PM

Hi ! Do we need to buy the insurance even if we stay on the french side?
Thanks
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Another EHAS Question - 02/12/2022 01:00 PM

YES
Posted By: extreme

Re: Another EHAS Question - 02/12/2022 01:10 PM

Thanks
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Another EHAS Question - 02/12/2022 01:23 PM

KitKat--you're welcome! Enjoy your stay!

And pay it forward with a trip report, at some point!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Another EHAS Question - 02/12/2022 03:56 PM

Yes. It is part of the EHAS approval to fly into SXM.
Posted By: NeilCanada

Re: Another EHAS Question - 02/12/2022 11:40 PM

How long is the typical turn around for approval.?..our circumstance...test Friday night 12-20 hr turn around results..leaving Sunday morning @ 630am. Is this doable? Thanks
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Another EHAS Question - 02/13/2022 01:09 AM

YES
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline