TravelTalkOnline

covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta?

Posted By: the captain

covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/11/2022 10:53 PM

In case we go the lazy, expensive route and just do it locally, any idea what a 'return to us' covid test is at either the Sonesta or near Maho beach?
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/11/2022 11:09 PM

Did the testing through Sonesta last August and want to say it was about $60 per person at the time. It was convenient but the line for testing was quite long....but went fairly quickly. Took about 30 minutes or so.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 12:25 AM

We have tested twice at Medwork in Simpson Bay and cannot say enough good things about them. Professional, on time, in and out in maybe 10 minutes max from when your appointment time is. Highly recommended!!!

Link
Posted By: Beansbbq

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 12:36 AM

Carol did you book ahead for those tests? And if so were you able to book online?? Just curious. I have planned on doing the online test but I'm leaning towards doing tests on island instead. We will be staying in the orient area and have no problem taking a day to go to get legit tests.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 12:41 AM

The link below will take you directly to the Medworks page and you can schedule an appointment.

Medworks link
Posted By: Beansbbq

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 12:46 AM

thanks bdeeley!!

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 01:44 AM

Absolutely. We booked online from home, 10 days before our return. Even though staying at Orient, you could schedule a test either first thing in the morning, or around happy hour, and get in and out with no issues.

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 07:12 AM

$25 home test vs $70 per person …….

Now it’s a question, is it worth the convenience or….the many more rum punches we can buy with the money saved!
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 08:51 AM

medwork is for me too Carol
Posted By: timnboston

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 11:38 AM

Returned on January 23rd from a stay at the Royal Islander. The RI had arranged with the Sonesta to do the testing for their guests. We had to register and pay (I think it was $25?) at the front desk at the Sonesta on Friday for a Saturday test. The testing was done across the street in the mall area of La Terasse. We were advised to get there early as there would be a line. Testing was scheduled to start at 8:00 (and it did!), We arrived around 7:45 and there was a lilne of around 30 people, but things were very well organized and moved quite quickly. We were finished by 8:30, and by then there were vey few people still waiting in line. We reveived an email with our results by 10:30. We forwarded the email to the front desk at the Royal Islander and had a printed copy in our hands by 11:00.

I'm stil shocked by how smoothly the whole process went. HATS OFF to the staff at the RI and Sonesta and the health workers of Saint Martin.

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 01:31 PM

I'd be surprised if it was only $25, which is a pretty low price, but seems like it worked out well over all for you. I wonder if it was partially funded by RI??
Posted By: boucharda

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by bizzottom
medwork is for me too Carol

We used them also...absolutely no issues...no waiting in line. Printed results if you need that (we felt better with the hard copies).....After walking daily past the crowd waiting for testing at SBR it was a pleasure to just walk in and walk out...and 5 bucks cheaper than SBR.

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 01:33 PM

Yeah, waiting in line on vacation sucks. We got a printed result also. I feel much better with a printed result.
Posted By: rickjames

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 01:46 PM

We just finished. $55. Registration is now using a QR code you scan at the site. You can register anytime during your stay now. Pay at Sonesta or pay there on the day you take your test. Waiting on results right now, semi-hoping for an extra 10 days 😜

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 01:48 PM

Just got our results, 1 hour from testing time. Both negative, bummer. On the plane tomorrow

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 02:03 PM

OK, thanks for the info on the price. I'm sure you're kidding about the negative test. Safe travels home!

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 03:41 PM

Yeah, it’s time to come home
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 03:59 PM

Keep in mind that sometimes the internet is down on island and you would not be able to to the telemed route when you need to.

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 06:09 PM

Just checked my credit card receits, and it was $55 - still worth every penny for the convenience
Posted By: rterrones

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/12/2022 06:33 PM

we tested in Dec, arrived 30 minutes prior to opening and done 20 after that. Very efficient and it was $60/person

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/13/2022 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by rickjames
We just finished. $55. Registration is now using a QR code you scan at the site. You can register anytime during your stay now. Pay at Sonesta or pay there on the day you take your test. Waiting on results right now, semi-hoping for an extra 10 days 😜

Did you have an appt or was there a line?

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/13/2022 11:56 AM

In Maho, no set appointments. They test from 8am till 930. Actually after 845 there is t a line at all

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/13/2022 12:54 PM

When and where were you tested in Maho? Although there were no set appointments, as of January 22nd you had to have registered and paid a day in advance at the Sonesta in order to get tested in the La Terasse mall - it wasn't just a "walk in" sitiuation. I believe there was also testing at the clinic, but I'm not familiar with the procedures there. As noted above in other posts, the Sonesta/La Terasse testing was extremely well organized and efficient - short lines that moved very quickly.

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/13/2022 04:49 PM

Under la terress by the old spa But yes you have to scan the antigen QR code. You then get a confirmation #. You can do this anytime during your stay now. Pay at the Sonesta or you can pay the day of your test I registered weds for my Saturday test. It all changed last week

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/24/2022 02:09 PM

Does the return to US antigen test have to be a day before or 24hrs strictly before? In other words, could I test Friday am for a sat afternoon flight 28 hrs later?
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/24/2022 02:30 PM

As I understand it, it's just the day before. We tested at 9:00 a.m. for a 3:00 p.m. flight the next day.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/24/2022 03:45 PM

It's 1 calender day. Anytime Friday for a Saturday flight.

Re: covid return to US test near Maho/Sonesta? - 02/24/2022 04:25 PM

Correct, just the day before, regardless of time.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline