Re: Traffic controls continue - 02/14/2022 09:43 PM

Probably not enough.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Traffic controls continue - 02/16/2022 04:05 PM

More on the controls.
LINK
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Traffic controls continue - 02/16/2022 05:21 PM

Actually, that last link was about a different kind of control, on restaurants and other businesses, looking for illegal, non licensed employees, etc. To me, I think that Heylinger talking about that was blowing smoke. I was curious when she said there were reports on Trip Advisor of tourists being 'in shock and fright' at the scene of some controls. I looked there and didn't see anything about it, unless I missed it. I don't think I personally would be in a state of "shock and fright", if I were there, but just figure they were doing their jobs.

Re: Traffic controls continue - 02/16/2022 06:06 PM

The more controls the safer we all are if enforced.

Re: Traffic controls continue - 02/16/2022 06:12 PM

As I said, that last link was a total different kind of 'control', not a traffic control, but I actually have no problem with immigration controls either. I do wonder whether someone did complain about it on Trip Advisor at all, as it certainly wasn't there this morning.

Re: Traffic controls continue - 02/16/2022 06:14 PM

I'm a regular on TripAdvisor and have seen nothing in that regard.

Re: Traffic controls continue - 02/16/2022 06:15 PM

OK

Re: Traffic controls continue - 02/17/2022 02:07 PM

And the Justice Minister responded to Grisha's comments in the Daily Herald today. Link

The Justice Minister's comments seem right on to me.

Re: Traffic controls continue - 02/21/2022 03:48 PM

Traffic controls continue.
LINK
Posted By: CanuckTravlr

Re: Traffic controls continue - 02/21/2022 03:56 PM

14 fines and 1 arrest out of 14 stops! Unless there were multiple fines for a few drivers, that is essentially 100% charge rate. It would be interesting to know what they are actually being charged with. It must be something they can see them doing (e.g. speeding, unsafe passing), or an obvious problem with the vehicle, that causes them to pull the vehicle over in the first place. Whatever it is, it's great to see some action taken to promote safe driving and vehicle safety.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline