TravelTalkOnline

April Holiday Reminder

Posted By: pat

April Holiday Reminder - 02/25/2022 01:12 AM

For those of you visiting the island in April, don’t forget to check the island’s calendar for all the various holiday closures and Carnival related activities. We never thought too much about them since we’ve been going forever but my last few trips I’ve met a few newcomers who said they missed a lot of shopping and activity days because they weren’t aware of all the holiday closures, and some who wished they’d known about the parades snd festivities .🙂🙂
Posted By: Colour1

Re: April Holiday Reminder - 02/25/2022 10:39 AM

Remember the hand out "K-Pasa", you found them at most of the bars. It was great for these up dates and things to do!! Now there is an on line magazine call Waappen SXM published by Calameo. https://en.calameo.com/books/006657812a850669e1751
Posted By: Beansbbq

Re: April Holiday Reminder - 02/25/2022 01:16 PM

Pat thanks for the heads up!!! I just looked up the dates and we will be there smack in the middle!! Kinda excited to be there for it now.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: April Holiday Reminder - 02/25/2022 02:57 PM

We always book after or before Easter, to avoid any issues.

Sometimes there are more families there, because of the school vacations
in the states, and you need to make reservations.

Still our favorite month!!
We do take another in November--another great time to be in SXM.

Re: April Holiday Reminder - 02/25/2022 02:58 PM

The mid-April timeframe has always been our special time on island, and I do recall a few trips very early on when we got caught up in Jouvert crowds or Carnival traffic. And as I said previously, we’ve met frustrated visitors who were there for Easter week and didn’t know of the holiday closures and weren’t able to make the trip to shop in town.

David,
I didn’t realize they still handed our the magazine - do they still have discount coupons in it? We used one of their coupons many years ago in conjunction with our first day-trip to Saba and saved a whole lot of money by doing so.
Posted By: luvtotravel

Re: April Holiday Reminder - 02/25/2022 03:10 PM

where is this calendar?

Re: April Holiday Reminder - 02/25/2022 04:44 PM

I’m not sure where I most recently saw the calendar but possibly on FB? I’m sure you could google it easily considering April is both the Easter holiday season and Dutch Carnival on Sint Maarten.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: April Holiday Reminder - 02/25/2022 04:58 PM

Pat,

I hope all is well with both you and dh and the extended family. Look at picture below for calendar. If you would like more, please let me know.

Description: Calendar SXM 2022
Attached picture fefaea9b85e8a0aaceda49e190d61490st_maarten_carnival_calendar_2022_easy-resize.com_.jpg

Re: April Holiday Reminder - 02/26/2022 01:14 AM

Brian,

I sort of thought you might help out with this. Thank you. And yes, all is good with us except April can’t come soon enough.

Will we you in November?
Posted By: Colour1

Re: April Holiday Reminder - 02/27/2022 08:02 AM

Pat,
K-Pasa is long gone, but Waa'ppenSXM - https://en.calameo.com/read/006657812a850669e1751 is an on line magazine with all kinds of fun information like "K-Pasa" use to be!! Hope to see you soon!!!

Re: April Holiday Reminder - 03/01/2022 06:25 AM

Pat,

I'm very sorry for the slow response. Sometimes life just gets in the way of staying in touch with friends.

Currently, I am planning both a trip in late June stretching into July and then another trip starting around the 10th of November and lasting to Thanksgiving Weekend.

I do hope our days overlap again. It was a true pleasure meeting both you and John.

It was my first trek ever, on the island, to visit someone else that was visiting the island. (I felt like Moses on the Mount)

Re: April Holiday Reminder - 03/02/2022 12:57 AM

The trip and meet up you referenced was a treat to us as well. We enjoyed meeting you along with another couple who we know from the Towers. They’re from CT too but our island times were always different and we never happened to be there together until that trip.

Making and meeting new old friends is always a pleasure.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: April Holiday Reminder - 03/02/2022 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by bdeeley
Currently, I am planning both a trip in late June stretching into July and then another trip starting around the 10th of November and lasting to Thanksgiving Weekend.

I am on island both times you will be there. Would love to meet up for a drink.

Re: April Holiday Reminder - 03/04/2022 07:19 PM

I would very much enjoy that also.

I have seen you quite a few times over the years. In November 2021, we shared dinner together at Sublime, just at different tables. 😀
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: April Holiday Reminder - 03/06/2022 01:46 AM

For heaven's sake, why didn't you come over to say hello? smile
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline