TravelTalkOnline

Attestation Form

Posted By: panman

Attestation Form - 02/25/2022 11:50 PM

EHAS Form completed...check
But, what's the deal with the AA Attestation form? Easy and quick following Covid test prior to returning to US?
Posted By: RickandJulie

Re: Attestation Form - 02/26/2022 12:24 PM

Yes. You fill it out after you receive your test results prior to returning to the US.
Posted By: johndana274

Re: Attestation Form - 02/26/2022 12:38 PM

On Wednesday there was a table in front of where you check in at American Counter at airport. We flew Delta but talked with the guy at the American counter hoping I could fill out one ahead of time since Delta didn't have a setup like that. He said they were different than Delta. Figured I would have to fill one out once I got to front of line but either I filled it out online not knowing or they aren't requiring it. I saw no one else filling it out either with Delta.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Attestation Form - 02/26/2022 12:51 PM

The link to the online AA attestation form is below.

AA attestation form
Posted By: Mikel

Re: Attestation Form - 02/26/2022 01:32 PM

If you use the VeriFly app for American Airlines, it includes completion of the attestation form in the app before you can get the 'green checkmark'.

I used it Thursday and just showed my phone to the agent and was all set.;
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Attestation Form - 02/26/2022 01:59 PM

Which agent are you talking about? Did you still have to stand in line at the counter?
Posted By: panman

Re: Attestation Form - 02/26/2022 02:37 PM

Not having any luck downloading this form...just spins...will check when we arrive in SXM. Thanks though.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Attestation Form - 02/26/2022 03:35 PM

A year ago Delta included one with our purchase of tickets.
We found it with the papers they emailed us.

Jetblue sent us something with our notification for our departure from SXM.
Posted By: Mikel

Re: Attestation Form - 02/26/2022 06:12 PM

I was referring to the temporary table they had set up that you had to go by as you wound your way through the line towards the ticket counter. At that table, you either just showed them your VeriFly page, gave them your previously completed attestation form or took one of theirs and filled it out.

I will mention it when I get to my trip report, but it probably took close to an hour to get to the ticket counter on a Thursday as both the Charlotte and Miami flights were being processed for departure at the same time. I left last year on the exact same flight on the same Thursday of President's week and was all the way through security in 20 minutes from the time I got to the airport. What a difference a year makes.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Attestation Form - 02/26/2022 09:09 PM

OK, that temporary table is NO issue regardless. I think the two times we have gone in the past year, we were at that table for maybe 20 seconds.

AA ticket counter was probably an hour, both times we've done it in the past year.
Posted By: kim

Re: Attestation Form - 02/26/2022 09:48 PM

You fill out the form basically a little before departure. Online. JetBlue sends an email. As I think Delta does as well. Someone posted a link for AA. You just fill it out and submit. It connects to your flight with the locator number
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Attestation Form - 02/27/2022 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by kim
You fill out the form basically a little before departure. Online. JetBlue sends an email. As I think Delta does as well. Someone posted a link for AA. You just fill it out and submit. It connects to your flight with the locator number

Delta's form was in our papers with our tickets, but that was last year..........as I mentioned.

JetBlue sent the email .
Posted By: SandS

Re: Attestation Form - 02/27/2022 07:04 PM

We left the island Friday. We filled the form out on line & nobody cared. You filled out the paper they handed you. Showed some man that looked like he worked on the runway (yellow vest) the paper, your vaccination card, your test results & your passport. He put a little round sticker on your passport . You could then put all the paperwork away & just show your passport at the counter. Took us a little over an hour to get through the line. This was for AA.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Attestation Form - 03/01/2022 06:35 AM

Easiest thing to do is print out page 2 of the attached Attestation Form, fill it out and take it with you on your trip. If you want a digital copy than take a picture with your cell phone after you have completed the form. You know your date of return so this can be filled out in full and placed away in luggage to be pulled out on your day of return. You can even pack a few extras if someone makes a mistake.

Print just Page 2, that is all that is needed. Complete and all is done.

USA Attestation Form - Citizens and Legal Residents
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Attestation Form - 03/01/2022 04:30 PM

Thanks. I printed out 2 copies of page 2 to take with us in May if still needed.
Posted By: Liliana

Re: Attestation Form - 03/02/2022 12:31 AM

Scuba,
We will wait til late April for our May trip with the hope uncle Sam eliminates the need for testing. Ink is expensive!
Liliana

Re: Attestation Form - 03/02/2022 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Liliana
Scuba,
We will wait til late April for our May trip with the hope uncle Sam eliminates the need for testing. Ink is expensive!
Liliana

Wow. 2 cents apiece must add up on that budget. Lol
Posted By: Liliana

Re: Attestation Form - 03/02/2022 01:07 AM

Hah,
According to a 2019 tonerbuzz article, pre inflation,it was like 15 cents an inkjet sheet.

More inportantly, is avoiding running out of ink at inopportune times because I printed something unnecessary when I really need something.

Ink/toner is a racket.

I'll wait and bet on need disappearing, get it disappearing ink.
Liliana

Re: Attestation Form - 03/02/2022 01:18 AM

Get it. My dad always said "save the pennies and spend the dollars ".😉
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline