TravelTalkOnline

Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar

Posted By: VegasCanadian

Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/07/2022 04:47 AM

Can anyone fill me in on where to park if we're going to Maho Beach/Sunset Beach Bar for an afternoon. Is there parking at Sunset Beach Bar or on that side somewhere or do I need to park back in the Maho area somewhere? Appreciate any options. Thanks!
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/07/2022 11:32 AM

There is a big parking lot right next to Sunset Beach Bar and once you produce a bill that you used their business , parking is free. Enjoy your afternoon.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/07/2022 12:12 PM

Yup...just buy a beer at SS Bar and they will validate your ticket. Decent size lot so not an issue
Posted By: Jaybird

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/07/2022 12:22 PM

What about parking for Driftwood on the other end of the beach?

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/07/2022 12:56 PM

There is actually seldom parking space by Driftwood .
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/07/2022 01:55 PM

You have to be really lucky to get a parking space by Driftwood. I think we would go there more often if there was parking, but I often don't think of it, as I know we probably wouldn't be able to get parking.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/07/2022 02:40 PM

Folks tend to park on the sidewalk next to Driftwood. Really aggravating if you are trying to walk there.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/07/2022 08:10 PM

Park in the SSB lot....buy a beer for the walk and that's that ...

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/07/2022 08:14 PM

I'd rather just pay to park in the Maho garage, but that's just me..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/07/2022 08:24 PM

Probably be the same price as a beer at SSBB as per boucharda's suggestion.

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/07/2022 08:28 PM

...except I don't drink beer, and the money would go to Sunset..

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/07/2022 10:06 PM

I jhave no problem spending money at Sunset. Buccaneer is owned by same people. You not going to go there either?

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/07/2022 11:06 PM

Haven't been to Buccaneer for a while, not really on purpose, but just haven't been.

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/07/2022 11:18 PM

Buccaneer has changed and since with the new setting we haven't been back.

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/07/2022 11:26 PM

We enjoyed Buccaneer last May.
Posted By: snuba

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/08/2022 12:02 AM

We were there last June and November and enjoyed it also, didn’t notice any difference since it changed hands with the exception of change of a bar staff and Wanda being gone ( thank god). Though food quality was the the same as before.
Posted By: VegasCanadian

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/08/2022 04:40 AM

Where is the Maho garage?
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/08/2022 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by snuba
We were there last June and November and enjoyed it also, didn’t notice any difference since it changed hands with the exception of change of a bar staff and Wanda being gone ( thank god). Though food quality was the the same as before.

Glad I'm not the only one who found Wanda especially rude.
Posted By: rickjames

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/08/2022 01:50 PM

I just stayed at the Royal Islander, if you are not staying there it appeared that you couldn't park underneath the Maho Market. No tickets were being dispensed and I witnessed the guard turning someone away. The sidewalk was packed with cars all the way up to the entrance to the La Plage side every day. Not to mention the quad business that uses the area to overnight their quads. I walked down the street to the beach daily. Fun stuff. People are parking like they used to in the old days, along the wall outside of the Sunset parking lot.

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/08/2022 01:51 PM

I'm amazed that anyone doesn't find her rude, although I know a lot of people like her.
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/08/2022 03:40 PM

When we are not staying in Maho we park at the Maho garage for a day in this area. If you are driving towards the golf course pass the traffic circle go to the end of the stores on the Sonesta side turn left on the road right at the end and the entrance to the garage is on your left. You are parking behind the stores Cheap enough and you can walk to Sunset or up to Mullet Beach.
Posted By: pat

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/08/2022 03:47 PM

Whale Tail,

We park there, too, whenever we go to Sublime or some of the other venues there. Don’t you just love those up and down ramps? Particularly the one with the propane tanks………. I always have panic attacks contemplating a brake failure there. But it works…..😊😊

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/08/2022 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by GaKaye
Originally Posted by snuba

Glad I'm not the only one who found Wanda especially rude.

Add us to that list.
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/08/2022 06:35 PM

Hi Pat,
I forgot about the propane tanks, until you mention them but you're right as I find them a little unnerving too. Never the less we will be using that garage multiple times during our upcoming trip as we are staying in Pelican Key this trip and definitely will be dining at Sublime for the first time as well many other restaurants that have been reported on this forum. We will be within walking distance of Isola so that too will be a first. Leagle49 has already convinced me I'll need a few trips there. Thanks for the pics. Marks Place and Lee's will also be a first. Beaches during the day and good food at night, what more could you ask for. Now I'm hungry. Can't wait for our plane to open the door and feel the heat and humidity.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Parking at Maho/Sunset Beach Bar - 03/09/2022 12:46 PM

What I don't get is why doesn't the owners ask the beach vendors not to park there??? Most "cruise" days, there is at least 3-4 cars. They don't have much to start with!! They can park with the rest in the muni lot and walk it in!!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline