TravelTalkOnline

SXM Airfare Tracker

Posted By: Liliana

SXM Airfare Tracker - 03/08/2022 03:40 AM

With inflation hitting everything else we were surprised how cheap tickets were to SXM.

May 2022: Orlando-SXM nonstop roundtrip. $319. Frontier

Alternatives were connections to ATL, MIA, CLT or drives to MIA AND FLL for nonstops. We also have come to respect Frontier having made dozens of trips up North since the pandemic with ABSOLUTELY ZERO issues ( not one delay) and the price cheaper than driving/parking at the airport. Airplanes are modern and new Airbus A320s No free cokes or bags, butif you buy a bag you get early boarding and we are Elite now which allows picked seats and we sit in the first 3 rows with more leg room. We've flown them all allover and we will take a Frontier nonstop if available.

What airfares are you all getting?

Liliana
Posted By: Peter & Christine

Re: SXM Airfare Tracker - 03/08/2022 01:55 PM

Good for you. Frontier stranded us in Orlando in July 45, minutes before the flight they canceled. We had to rebook on Jetblue to get home. No one to talk to at the airport that could help us.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: SXM Airfare Tracker - 03/08/2022 02:20 PM

Nonstops from Florida during the week are running around $400 for this summer and for this fall. Not bad. I am glad that Frontier is flying to SXM, as the more airlines flying there, the more competition. I do hope that the merger between Frontier and Spirit does NOT go through, as otherwise, I think that that will result in less competition. I do NOT like Southworst at all, but for competition sake, I hope maybe they do start flying to SXM, hopefully from Orlando. THAT might make me try them again. I loathe their non-seating-assignment stuff.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline