TravelTalkOnline

Parking at BBB

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Parking at BBB - 03/16/2022 10:32 AM

I am not sure what is going on but the upper parking lot at BBB had steel "T" posts blocking almost every space when I arrived, as if they were reserved or rented by someone. A couple of days ago a worker appeared to be removing all the bases in the concrete that holds the posts. As of this morning, they are all removed. Not sure if this is permanent, they are being replaced or what. I have seen a BBB shuttle that seems to run up and down Billy Folly Rd.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Parking at BBB - 03/16/2022 12:19 PM

That's to prevent illegal parking .

Re: Parking at BBB - 03/16/2022 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kennys
That's to prevent illegal parking .

They are working again this morning. They are either filling the holes or putting in new bases for the blocking posts.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Parking at BBB - 03/16/2022 12:53 PM

Not sure when they started that, but I think that was what MamaB was asking about the other day.
Posted By: indi

Re: Parking at BBB - 03/16/2022 01:43 PM

I have been asking about this since our trip last November. The parking lot at Peli Deli has them, too.

I understand the need to prevent illegal parking but I don't understand where customers are supposed to park?

Re: Parking at BBB - 03/16/2022 01:46 PM

Sadly, customer parking is often an afterthought or no thought. I was able to park a couple of times in the Peli Deli lot but did notice a lot of blocked spaces.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Parking at BBB - 03/16/2022 01:50 PM

Those were there in November.

Re: Parking at BBB - 03/16/2022 02:00 PM

They are all gone but one right now, the holes appear to be filled and the upper lot is partially taped off. Probably to allow the new concrete to set. Who knows what is next?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Parking at BBB - 03/16/2022 03:08 PM

They were there this last May.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline