TravelTalkOnline

Cost to take a cab

Posted By: CanadianCutie

Cost to take a cab - 03/18/2022 08:20 PM

Well, we’re finally making it down to SXM after having to cancel in January. We’re coming down with a small group of 4 and a couple of us are going to grab a cab with the luggage while the guys grab the rental car. How much should it be for two of us to take a cab to the very endpoint in Beacon hill? We’re staying at the Ocean’s Edge condo complex if that helps. TIA!
Posted By: BGH

Re: Cost to take a cab - 03/19/2022 11:30 AM

Paid $15 airport to The Cliff on Thursday
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Cost to take a cab - 03/19/2022 01:10 PM

I would say maybe $20. It's pretty darn close to the airport, but they will have to go pretty slow. Shouldn't be much for the cab ride The location looks nice. The style of the condo isn't my personal style, but the views of the sunset should be amazing! Enjoy!
Posted By: NeilCanada

Re: Cost to take a cab - 03/19/2022 07:30 PM

Canadiancutie: I have used https://www.bestpricetaxisxm.com a few times in the past and most recently at the end of February. From my experience, they were very responsive to email, prompt scheduled pick-ups and friendly service. I would not hesitate to use them again.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Cost to take a cab - 03/19/2022 08:10 PM

Neil--not sure I would bother to do that, just for a trip from the airport to Beacon Hill. Just sayin'
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Cost to take a cab - 03/19/2022 10:20 PM

7 dollars for the first 2 passengers and than $5 per additional passenger. (published rates). If you are taking the men's bags with you than you should account for them in your pricing.

We've had a couple take a taxi from the airport to over by Mary's Boon and they're always charged $10 with bags and they give a $20 so that the taxi takes just them and isn't looking for additional fares. Their trip is a comparable distance to what your ride would be. it is a quick turnaround for the taxi.
Posted By: CanadianCutie

Re: Cost to take a cab - 03/20/2022 01:37 PM

Thanks for the info everyone. I just want this trip to go as smoothly as possible. This is a big trip for a couple of my friends and I just want to make sure everything is covered. ❤️
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline