TravelTalkOnline

Day 2 on island

Posted By: eilandmens

Day 2 on island - 03/19/2022 09:39 PM

This our first time staying in oyster pond area since Irma. Very quiet except for restaurants. Been coming to island and oyster pond area for 10 years prior to Irma. Never had to make a reservation at a restaurant in oyster pond nor in Simpson Bay for that matter. We stay in both place for couple weeks each in the past. Restarting that tradition after Covid and Irma.
Any hoo. We went to KKO on Orient Beach. Gave Carl, now the bartender at KKO, an Eagles hat for his collection at the bar. In September last year, we noticed he didn’t have an Eagles hat. Beautiful day not hot a breeze but not very windy. No sarragasum in water and very little on shore.
We wanted to go to Big Fish. The guy who owned Canoa now owns Big Fish. Put in a reservation and they were booked! Never happen before in any restaurant in SXM. Got.a reservation at Oasis. Very crowded. My wife had linguine and clams. I had Cod fish. Again wait staff and kitchen overwhelmed. Long wait my wife’s meal was deemed good my cCod was overcooked. Miss the good old days. Why is so quiet during the day and at night it is nuts in Oyster pond. Six less restaurants,!
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Day 2 on island - 03/20/2022 11:02 AM

OHYEAH!!! Captain Oliver's, "DD", Big Fish. Ms. Bee's!! Never was a fan of Bugby's and the pizza joint. We loved Dawn beach! I know a lot of people HATED Westin Dawn beach, but they had an amazing restaurant!!! Wifie worked for corp headquarters in NY!
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Day 2 on island - 03/20/2022 02:47 PM

Glad Carl accepted Eagles hat.

Tried to give one to Deshaun Watson but he didn't accept.
He wanted a lot of money to take it.
He did mention he wanted a Cleveland Browns hat and it looks like he got it.

Never go to Jersey shore anymore since SXM.
Posted By: eilandmens

Re: Day 2 on island - 03/20/2022 04:13 PM

We have a small condo in Ocean City . So we have the best of two worlds SXM and OCNJ. Watson was way overpaid.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline