TravelTalkOnline

Best place to buy high end tequila

Posted By: CanadianCutie

Best place to buy high end tequila - 03/20/2022 01:42 PM

My friends and I are coming down in April and one of us is a huge tequila connoisseur. I saw online the Booze it up store has closed. We are staying in Beacon hill but will have a car. Where would be the best place to have a selection of high end tequilas? Would the Market Garden have some good ones as they do yacht provisioning?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Best place to buy high end tequila - 03/20/2022 01:45 PM

Cutie--I don't know anything about high end tequila, but pretty much everything at Market Garden is more expensive than you can get it somewhere else. Best prices on any high end alcohol would probably be downtown somewhere.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Best place to buy high end tequila - 03/20/2022 02:56 PM

Check out Duty Free on Front Street in Philipsburg.
Posted By: pat

Re: Best place to buy high end tequila - 03/20/2022 03:03 PM

I can’t speak with much authority on this subject because we don’t usually buy much in the line of alcohol but when we do, I always pick it up at the airport duty free shop for convenience in carrying it. Years ago we saw someone’s suitcase on the baggage carousel at JFK and it was leaking something all over the conveyor belt. That was enough to convince me I’d rather carry it on than pack it in my luggage, jic. With my luck……🙂🙂
Posted By: Beansbbq

Re: Best place to buy high end tequila - 03/20/2022 03:28 PM

Can't speak for tequila, but if the whiskey selection is any indicator of the high end that they may offer I'd recommend touching base with them. I've spent a chunk of change there on whiskey and never been let down, and will be swinging in on our trip in April.
https://www.facebook.com/gulmohars.sxm/
Posted By: CanadianCutie

Re: Best place to buy high end tequila - 03/20/2022 03:57 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Posted By: moontide

Re: Best place to buy high end tequila - 03/21/2022 12:32 AM

I am a Don Julio tequila fan. It's $54/bottle back home. Much to my surprise, It has been 1/2 price in SXM at Market Garden for many years. In 2020, the price had increased where it wasn't as much of a bargain. However, when I went to the check out having a 2 bottle purchase I was told I could have another at no charge. Buy 2/ get one free. Good thing I was there for a month. Bottom line: check around.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline