TravelTalkOnline

Telephoning Jet Blue

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Telephoning Jet Blue - 03/21/2022 01:49 PM

Just tried to call them. They said a wait time of 2 hours. Didn't give me the option for a call back. They don't have that option?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Telephoning Jet Blue - 03/21/2022 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Just tried to call them. They said a wait time of 2 hours. Didn't give me the option for a call back. They don't have that option?

It appears they do not offer it. I really have no idea as I have never flown them but not all airlines offer that option. Good luck.

Delta did not offer the call back option when I tried last week. 2-4 hour holds time, I tried their texting option, which was useless but I did get through quickly at 6:00am to a live person. AA did also offer the call back option.
Posted By: pat

Re: Telephoning Jet Blue - 03/21/2022 02:16 PM

Carol,

The call back choice from JB is often a ‘now you see it - now you don’t’ option. I’ve gotten it a few times but other times not and I have no clue why it’s not always offered.

The other thing I’ve done is called on a portable phone and just held on until they finally picked up but this also took almost two hours and two dead battery phones before they finally answered my call. Thank goodness we have three portables.

Just a few of the reasons I’m not a huge JB fan…….
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Telephoning Jet Blue - 03/21/2022 03:05 PM

Maybe JB will change their systems if and when they partner with AA.

Re: Telephoning Jet Blue - 03/21/2022 03:44 PM

Don't bet on it……..

There has been very limited mention of some sort of alliance between these two carriers almost since JB first arrived on the scene but from what we’ve experienced, both carriers have only declined. Our trip last November was r/t First Class on AA - not Caribbean Business Class but true AA First Class. The planes were old and not in good shape and the amenities were seriously lacking. Our dried out Turkey and Swiss crescent sandwich was hardly what I would classify as a ‘meal’ and on top of which the flights were crazy.
That said, we flew JB r/t to Fort Myers a week or so ago, and other than them being uncertain of the correct departure gate we had very good trips each direction but that is the very first time we’ve ever had a near-flawless JB trip. If our wheelchair porter at RSW hadn’t been on the ball and noted the change in our departure gate from where he had parked us earlier I might be singing a different tune. JB did ultimately send a change of gate notification but sadly, we received it AFTER we finally boarded.
Posted By: timnboston

Re: Telephoning Jet Blue - 03/21/2022 03:51 PM

If the airlines don't get their collective acts together they are going to find themselves regulated by the federal government like they were back in the '70's.

Re: Telephoning Jet Blue - 03/21/2022 03:57 PM

Oh, great!!

Given the state of our government that’ll be a real big help - she says with tongue firmly planted in her cheek!

Re: Telephoning Jet Blue - 03/21/2022 04:06 PM

OK, I'm on hold now, allegedly hold time of 70 minutes. I figure it's a waste of time, but I will have tried. Their current schedule of 2 or 3 days a week from FLL is of zero use to me, but seeing if they will switch me to AA, which I have zero level of confidence in.
Posted By: the captain

Re: Telephoning Jet Blue - 03/21/2022 04:08 PM

Carol, through the app, I typically get responses via their chat option
in their app, HELP> chat with us. I have successfully leaned on that a few times!
Posted By: LAB57

Re: Telephoning Jet Blue - 03/21/2022 04:09 PM

Jet Blue last night canceled our FLL-SXM flight for Friday May 19th! I was on the phone with them this morning for 35 minutes. They agreed to re-book my Hartford- FLL flight to Miami at the same price in order for us to now use AA . I have found when calling Jetblue, that if you follow the promps to "I will wait" they come back with the choice to call you back "I see you're calling from a mobile phone, would you like us to call you back?? Press one" This morning they said it would be a 103 minute wait for the call back! They called back in about an hour. Not happy about canceling a flight two months away.

Re: Telephoning Jet Blue - 03/21/2022 04:11 PM

Good luck, Carol. I hope it works out for you.

The one and only really good thing I’ve discovered about JB is if you are lucky enough to finally get to speak with an agent, they will go way out of their way Ri be accommodating within the scope of what they’re allowed to do. 😊😊
Posted By: the captain

Re: Telephoning Jet Blue - 03/21/2022 04:11 PM

One note about the chat.....it was quicker to get a hold of them but the back and forth took a bit of time. But always successful.

AND one Bigger note....when their text comes through w each response, it doesn't "beep" or alert you. So you have to visually watch your phone..
Good luck!

Re: Telephoning Jet Blue - 03/21/2022 04:12 PM

LAB--glad your situation got worked out. We just booked FLL to SXM, as we live in Florida. I didn't get any choice to wait or I will be called back. Just went straight to hold.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline