TravelTalkOnline

Bakery like pre-Irma Sarafina’s?

Posted By: Shaun

Bakery like pre-Irma Sarafina’s? - 03/23/2022 09:39 PM

My wife really misses Sarafina’s location before Irma and their move to the marina area. We used to make the trek to Marigot regardless of where we were staying. Has anyone been to a bakery they would consider to have a similar feel? She loved all the beautiful pastries along with the whole setup there…We are headed to the island next week, staying at BSV for the first time, and want to find a great bakery!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Bakery like pre-Irma Sarafina’s? - 03/23/2022 11:03 PM

Shaun--for sure, check out Le Suciere in Simpson Bay.

And congrats on having the great sense to book Beachside!! Enjoy!! (and please post pictures!!)
Posted By: panman

Re: Bakery like pre-Irma Sarafina’s? - 03/23/2022 11:23 PM

We just returned from SXm and found the selection of pastries to be excellent at the ZEEBEST location on Airport Road across from PJIA near rental car sites or their main restaurant location in Simpson Bay. By the way the sandwiches which they make from scratch are totally awesome. We loved the BLT and the Gouda Ham and cheese made on French Bread.
Posted By: erb923

Re: Bakery like pre-Irma Sarafina’s? - 03/23/2022 11:25 PM

I think this is a bakery that replaced sarafinas (or a very similar location in marigot), is very good.
http://www.chezfernandsxm.com/
They carry all the staples, breakfast, lunch and dessert things. Later in the day I think they have pizza too.

Bacchus L'express in hope estate is a very good bakery too.
Posted By: pat

Re: Bakery like pre-Irma Sarafina’s? - 03/23/2022 11:32 PM

No water views but we have really enjoyed the pastries from Jules at Jordan Village, both for take-out or to eat there in a very casual setting.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Bakery like pre-Irma Sarafina’s? - 03/24/2022 12:47 AM

I second the Chez Fernand recommendation. Lovely place and delicious items!
Posted By: Shaun

Re: Bakery like pre-Irma Sarafina’s? - 03/24/2022 12:58 AM

Thank you, excited to try all these options!
Posted By: FatCat04

Re: Bakery like pre-Irma Sarafina’s? - 03/24/2022 01:35 PM

Jules is very tasty. We sampled I forget how many delicious concoctions. Their chocolate twist was divine. Also, L'Express in Hope Estate not far from the Super U is excellent. We loved the Financier Pistache muffins, oh so buttery good anytime of day. For a dessert treat the Paris-Brest was fantastic and the macarons were very tasty. Plus they have great bread, sandwiches, quiche, and salads. The warm Croque Monsieur doesn't look like much but the bechamel they use is so good. We had it twice last trip.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Bakery like pre-Irma Sarafina’s? - 03/24/2022 01:45 PM

Shaun
Jules at Jordan Village is our go to bakery now.
It is filled with college students and residents, so you know it's good.

Love people (and chicken) watching, and I forgot to mention, their coffee is delicious!!

chef
Posted By: KGB

Re: Bakery like pre-Irma Sarafina’s? - 03/24/2022 06:40 PM

We tried all of the above mentioned places… None of those was even close to what Serafina used to offer… The one in Marigot, the new one across the market, is very nice indeed but the selection is much smaller than the late Serafina….
The Le Sucria in Simpson bay even didn’t have as much selection as it used to have before Covid…. We asked the girls what happened to the selection. The answer just killed us! She said - nobody wants to work in a kitchen!
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Bakery like pre-Irma Sarafina’s? - 03/25/2022 09:46 PM

Jules Bakery in Jordon Village, a short car ride from BSV, will be the best bakery for you to enjoy. Everything there is wonderful!
Posted By: VGerfo

Re: Bakery like pre-Irma Sarafina’s? - 03/25/2022 10:39 PM

I agree totally. Serafina was the best, la sucriere second. The new smaller serafinas is also wonderful. Oh, and cafe Antlantique is quite good too.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline