TravelTalkOnline

Day 8 on island

Posted By: eilandmens

Day 8 on island - 03/25/2022 11:12 PM

Breakfast in unit. Very windy sustained wind of 16mph gusts to 24mph. Was going to orient but the wind coming from Northeast made that not an option. Stayed at RP. A bit windy some sandblasting but tolerable.
G and T on porch/deck. Went to New Jerusalem for Schwarma! It does match the hype. I am not a middle eastern food lover. But this Shawarma was fantastic very very tasty. We both had the Special not spicy but the flavor was great. $30 for 3 Italian beers and 2 Schwarma. A great night.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Day 8 on island - 03/26/2022 11:19 AM

Passed them yesterday but couldn’t convince hubby to stop. I’ll let him read your post. Thanks for the update.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Day 8 on island - 03/26/2022 12:08 PM

Never had a schwarma (sp!). What's it taste like?
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Day 8 on island - 03/26/2022 03:54 PM

I would say it's like a gyro on steroids

Abraham's are packed with meats, lettuce, potatoes and sauce
I love my Philly cheesesteak but these sandwiches may be the best sandwich ever especially when you only get them two weeks out of a year
Sometimes a nice wait for food but good time for affection to his cats, that's another story about the cats on how they returned after the hurricane, he thought he lost them all but all but one returned, cats must be smart during a hurrican
Wife loves the falafel platter

It's nice the first time if Abraham knows as he will assist you into what is best and make you a friend for life
He told us about leaving his country and his injuries . Very sad story, just wanted to be free which relates to today.

Not that we would go for dinner but he has a $30 meal for two including a bottle of wine

Food not necessarily hot spicy but with GREAT FLAVOR

Re: Day 8 on island - 03/26/2022 04:07 PM

The Special has lamb, chicken, grilled onion and peppers, tomato pieces, lettuce strips and top with great tasting tzatziki sauce of their own recipe. All on a thin pita bread Abraham and his son are very nice and friendly
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Day 8 on island - 03/26/2022 07:10 PM

OK thanks.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Day 8 on island - 03/27/2022 12:29 PM

Where is location?

Re: Day 8 on island - 03/27/2022 10:08 PM

Next to The Palms on Welfare road.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline