TravelTalkOnline

Tuesday

Posted By: RonDon

Tuesday - 03/30/2022 11:00 AM

Breakfast on lanai raisin rolls from la sucreire.

I’m having hip pain so we rested for awhile before deciding to drive to PBurg. Not wanting to walk I was against it but didn’t voice my opinion so off we went. Hubby decided to drive right thru Simpson Bay. Mistake! Traffic backed up to Sale Pepe.

Crawled as far as the road split and decided to turn left then right as if we were going to Lagoonies, thinking we’d come out in Cole Bay and hit rotary from the left no luck more traffic then police ambulance. Must have been an accident. U turn back toward Sunset Beach Bar

Decided to eat at Sandbar located in Morgan resort. Saw a couple we knew and sat with them for a late lunch of fish and chips. CAROL don’t add to your chip list. Food was great but not the French firs hubby likes

Return to BSV to discover Louise & David had become our neighbors. Colour1 and Fablia. Too tied and full to go out to eat. Just had custard pie slices from la sucreire with iced coffee.
Posted By: pat

Re: Tuesday - 03/30/2022 11:46 AM

So at least you’re in good company even if you’re not a hundred percent feeling great. Hope the hip issues resolve themselves. John and I can each relate completely. We are enjoying your daily updates.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Tuesday - 03/30/2022 01:00 PM

OK, hope you feel better. Definitely have had a lot of leg, knee, back issues, so know what it feels like to not feel good, even if you're in paradise. We do want to try out Sandbar, but will go cautious on the french fries.

Re: Tuesday - 03/30/2022 01:14 PM

I had a left knee problem and just a hip twitch but since flight down here each day it’s worse. Not looking forward to flight home.

Glad were at BSV easy here to lay back listening to the waves. Just upset that we’re in unit #3 a long way from the pool.

Managing to dress for eating out then back to resting.

Thanks Pat &Carol for the well wishes.j

Re: Tuesday - 03/30/2022 01:17 PM

Ps Carol. At sandbar you park get a ticket at gate then have restaurant voucher with a stamp. Don’t forget.

It’s a bar with picnic tables with a nice view.

Re: Tuesday - 03/30/2022 01:23 PM

Rosemary--thanks, yes I knew you would have to do that, for parking at Sandbar.

Perhaps you should try to go to a doctor there and maybe get some medication, or get a massage. Or BOTH!! smile I had a massage right there at Beachside a few years ago. It was pricy, but worth it!
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Tuesday - 03/30/2022 02:38 PM

Good morning Dear and so sorry to hear about your knee and hip problem while on your vacation. But just take it easy and relax also on the beach too.
I was just by El Zafiro to change a plate R 21 and saw the sea was nice too.
Posted By: MamaB

Re: Tuesday - 03/30/2022 05:31 PM

FYI- go to the pharmacy and get a tube of "Voltaren emulgel" 2.32%. It's RX only in the states but you can buy this over the counter in St. Maarten for under $30. It works great for knee and hip pain. Hope this helps.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Tuesday - 03/30/2022 05:36 PM

FYI. Voltaren is now available over the counter in the US. Costco also carries it.
Posted By: MamaB

Re: Tuesday - 03/30/2022 05:47 PM

SXM SCubaman- You only can get the 1% over the counter in the US- not the 2.23%.

Re: Tuesday - 03/30/2022 06:19 PM

I compared the one we bought in St Maarten with the over the counter one in the states and it was identical. I use Voltaren.
Posted By: George1234

Re: Tuesday - 03/30/2022 07:26 PM

I'm another Voltaren user. 1.16% over the counter in Canada.

George
Posted By: CanuckTravlr

Re: Tuesday - 03/31/2022 02:22 AM

George, I'm also a Voltaren user. You can get both regular strength (1.16%) and extra strength (2.32%) over-the-counter here in Canada.

Re: Tuesday - 03/31/2022 12:57 PM

Thank you for the Voltaire’s suggestion but if a person is on blood pressure meds it cannot be taken. We bought some at home and didn’t read packaging so had to return it.

Using just Advil.

Re: Tuesday - 03/31/2022 01:01 PM

when you get home, you might ask your doctor about that. If your BP is under control with medication, you'd probably be OK to take it, but ask your doctor.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Tuesday - 03/31/2022 01:08 PM

The Voltaren (NOT Voltaire) being referred to is a topical gel.

Re: Tuesday - 03/31/2022 01:19 PM

Sorry, JD, which means what? You can use it, regardless of whether you are on blood pressure meds?

Re: Tuesday - 03/31/2022 01:39 PM

NSAID's can elevate blood pressure but personally, I would not be concerned about using it in a topical form. The discussion made it sound like it was being used in the oral form but by the description and strength, it was the topical gel. I just wanted to clarify that and, Advil (Ibuprofen) is in the same NSAID's family so it should be a concern as well.

Re: Tuesday - 03/31/2022 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
when you get home, you might ask your doctor about that. If your BP is under control with medication, you'd probably be OK to take it, but ask your doctor.

It was my doc that said not to take.

Re: Tuesday - 03/31/2022 02:31 PM

It is also available in Pill form. Bought some of that in SXM too. Also available in US with prescription in a generic pill form as Diclofenac Sodium which I sometimes take.

Re: Tuesday - 03/31/2022 02:32 PM

Correct.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline