TravelTalkOnline

Day 18

Posted By: eilandmens

Day 18 - 04/04/2022 08:54 PM

Easy day. Goodies from Le Sucrerie. Chill at Royal Palm. Last nights dinner at Mama in Porto Copecoy with friends was a great time. Got there at 6:30pm left at 10:00PM. Even at French owned restaurant that was long but they showed patience. I had steak frite. Fries were great. Steak could have been goat- a little tough. My bad order Italian even if it is aFrench owned restaurant. My wife had spaghetti with clams which was good- our friends had Lasagna with meat. Deemed good and mahi-mahi also deemed good. Next time I do when the Rome thing and stick to French Italian American at Mama.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Day 18 - 04/04/2022 10:20 PM

Hope you sent that "Goat" back. No excuse for tough steak unless it was a cheap price to begin with which could be a warning of what to expect in some cases.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Day 18 - 04/05/2022 11:00 AM

Hubby is Italian and not far from where we live is an Italian section with many great restaurants so we seldom eat Italian when we travel but two places he loves is Sale Pepe and Mama's. We had two visits to Mama's, once for pizza which was tasty but not like home and another for full meals, Bolognase (him) and lemon grouper (me), both great. Years ago we ate at the Oyster Pond location for pizza and I think I enjoyed it more then. Love the relaxed location at Porto Cupecoy.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline