TravelTalkOnline

Pineapple Pete's

Posted By: Whale Tail

Pineapple Pete's - 04/15/2022 02:29 AM

We started the day with breakfast at SMYC again always good and the servers are friendly. The rest of the day was at the pool I am told that I fell asleep for a while, vacation can be tiring 😁 . It was late afternoon with no reservations I figured that we could get in to Pineapple Pete's and the menu has alot of options. Now I know this is not fine dining and it is a family restaurant so I knew this going in. We were met at the door and seated and for the next few minutes we had at least 3 servers setting our table bringing menus, water, taking our drink order and placing our napkins we didn't have a clue who our server would be. We were impressed. My wife had Lobster Thermador with Shrimp stuffed with Crab and said it was the best dinner she's had. I had Escargot covered with Parmigian really good and Filet Mignon and was cooked perfectly and tasty. Not necessarily cheap as both were "market price " dinners But good food and great service is a winner to us. And yes there was a screaming baby in the room for only a short while.

Attached picture 20220414_190326.jpg
Attached picture 20220414_193202.jpg
Attached picture 20220414_193129.jpg
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Pineapple Pete's - 04/15/2022 02:53 AM

We like the food at Pineapple Pete's and the service has always been top-notch.
Posted By: Beansbbq

Re: Pineapple Pete's - 04/15/2022 10:46 AM

Looks great!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Pineapple Pete's - 04/15/2022 12:59 PM

CaribLee--me too. Food is not haute cuisine, but good fare, and the service has been excellent.
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Pineapple Pete's - 04/15/2022 02:05 PM

I guess we had an off night there by the sounds. Glad you had a great experience though!
Posted By: fabila

Re: Pineapple Pete's - 04/15/2022 02:15 PM

We always enjoy our meals at Pineapple Pete. David loves their lamb shanks.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Pineapple Pete's - 04/15/2022 02:48 PM

Never been a fan of Pineapple Pete's but looks like you enjoyed it and that is good.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Pineapple Pete's - 04/15/2022 03:11 PM

We haven't been to Pineapple Pete's in a long time,
but we did have two screaming babies at what would be considered more upscale
restaurants.
It happens.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Pineapple Pete's - 04/17/2022 09:02 AM

I'm glad you guys had a lovely dinner at "PP"!! It amazes me that there are some people that look down there noses at Pierre's restaurant. The first time we went, (YEARS ago) I called from the states, Pierre answered the phone and said: Yes I will have a table for you in our airconditioned area of the restaurant. Sure enough, he was a man of his word. And YES IMHO based on the tough one ( Louise) that the lobster thermidor was the best on the island! We've never had a bad meal at "PP"!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline