TravelTalkOnline

It’s Monday, right?

Posted By: pat

It’s Monday, right? - 04/25/2022 01:35 PM

But this is about Sunday and there’s not too much to share - from what we could see both Simpson Bay Beach and Maho are pretty calm today and that’s not a bad thing. We had a few quick passing showers, and I do mean quick. By the time you picked yourself up and attempted to collect your ‘stuff’ the shower was already passed. The Mullet beach lot looked pretty well maxed out and there were fewer cars parked along the road than I expected.

Kim and Ken arrived on island yesterday and came for coffee this morning bringing fresh pastries from Jules which was a treat. Did a little catching up with them before they headed out to the beach for some serious beach/nap time while we hung here at BSV. As I’ve stated before, Mr., and now Mrs. Cane, too, don’t do too well in beach sand and seawater. But it’s okay. We both feel blessed just to be here under whatever the circumstances.

Hung out all day and returned to The Spaghetti House for dinner. Caterina was totally slammed last night which is always a good thing for her. Our dinners were excellent, as always, and we chatted through dinner with our neighbors at the next table - former yacht owners who now reside here in Beacon Hill since 2006, and here in Beacon Hill, of all locations. We finally said our goodbyes to the Spaghetti House until November as it’s unlikely we will get back there before we head home on Thursday.

And there you have it - another action packed day in the lives of the Denleys. But believe me, it’s all good.
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: It’s Monday, right? - 04/25/2022 01:50 PM

Pat whether it's an action pack day or simply a do nothing hang around the pool day as long as you are on island it's definitely a good day. Wish we were still there.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: It’s Monday, right? - 04/25/2022 01:55 PM

Pat--Any day at Beachside is a great day! Enjoy!
Posted By: Beansbbq

Re: It’s Monday, right? - 04/25/2022 02:05 PM

Pat I'm with you on not 100% sure what day it is. I've had to look at my phone a half dozen times this morning already. Sounds like a lovely day!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: It’s Monday, right? - 04/25/2022 03:01 PM

Doesn't have to be action packed to have a great time in St Maarten. Carry on.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: It’s Monday, right? - 04/25/2022 08:05 PM

Love hearing about your do-nothing days!
Posted By: jomarc

Re: It’s Monday, right? - 04/25/2022 09:59 PM

Pat, all of your days have sounded perfect to me!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline