TravelTalkOnline

Another scooter accident

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Another scooter accident - 05/02/2022 03:03 PM

LINK
Alcohol impared driver taken into custody.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Another scooter accident - 05/02/2022 04:50 PM

That one appeared to the car driver's fault but is just the poster child for why riding a scooter is dangerous--even if you do everything right, if someone else does something wrong, you have a lot less protection from harm when you're on a bike.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Another scooter accident - 05/02/2022 05:09 PM

I owned a courier company back in the 80's and 90's, the bike messengers referred to the car messengers vehicles as "cages". Of course the taxi drivers referred to the bike messengers as "hood ornaments". I have a motorcycle and MJ has a Vespa and we don't ride often but you do have to be very aware and still that may not be enough. It is still very pleasant to get on the bike and feel that freedom and independence that even a convertible just can not match.

I am against the crazy driving of a lot of the scooter/motorcycle riders on island but if I was living on island I am pretty sure I would get a bike. I am also a believer in allowing lane splitting, but not at unreasonable rates of speed or in a reckless manor. I wish more states in the US would allow with conditions. Note that most of us bikers are not jerks, at least while on our bikes.
T
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Another scooter accident - 05/05/2022 10:08 AM

I've had more motorcycles than I can count. St. Martin is NOT one of the places I would feel safe riding around on!
Posted By: pl3

Re: Another scooter accident - 05/05/2022 09:26 PM

Suicyclers
Posted By: actionone

Re: Another scooter accident - 05/05/2022 10:54 PM

The victims scooter disappeared...weird
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline