TravelTalkOnline

American Airlines insurance question

Posted By: zoe

American Airlines insurance question - 05/10/2022 04:13 PM

I’m so confused… we got insurance for our trip through ALLEGIANS and will get the one suggested by EHAS….DOES THIS AA insurance supplant the EHAS one? Thx
Posted By: zeus1963

Re: American Airlines insurance question - 05/10/2022 04:33 PM

The EHAS insurance is something separate and not optional. You have to purchase the EHAS insurance or you will not get approved.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: American Airlines insurance question - 05/10/2022 04:35 PM

First, the insurance through AA is called Allianz, I think. The EHAS 'insurance' is mandatory for everyone and is 'supposed' to cover Covid costs (only), although my opinion is that it probably covers almost nothing. Just consider the cost of the EHAS insurance as a contribution to the SXM economy. You need your own insurance regardless for trip cancellation, interruption, medical evac, any medical expense OTHER THAN Covid, etc.
Posted By: zoe

Re: American Airlines insurance question - 05/13/2022 08:49 PM

Tested positive for Covid today… sick since Tuesday…in the process of cancelling plans…🤦🏽‍♀️😥. Waited three years for this trip…
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: American Airlines insurance question - 05/13/2022 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by zoe
Tested positive for Covid today… sick since Tuesday…in the process of cancelling plans…🤦🏽‍♀️😥. Waited three years for this trip…

So sorry for you. Hope you can reschedule.
Posted By: gracie5

Re: American Airlines insurance question - 05/13/2022 09:52 PM

Good luck with Allianz insurance. We also had gotten this through AA & feel it was a rip off. We filed a claim after a trip to Tortola in November. Our claim was round $1,500 & we got about $400.00 back from them. Had to jump through all kind of hoops which I understand. We provided all the info they requested & feel we got screwed. Was listening to a morning TV show this week & Peter Greenberg, who it a travel expert recommended never buying travel insurance through an airline.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: American Airlines insurance question - 05/13/2022 10:41 PM

When we were canceled due to a reason I can't remember the insurance we got through AA was fully refunded. Hold your ground.
Posted By: Mikel

Re: American Airlines insurance question - 05/14/2022 10:32 AM

Unfortunately, we have had to file 3 claims with Allianz over the last 6 months, 2 medical and 1 trip delay. All were covered, except for the $50 medical deductible, in 4-6 weeks.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline