TravelTalkOnline

Day 2 in Paradise - May 10

Posted By: jomarc

Day 2 in Paradise - May 10 - 05/11/2022 11:10 AM

Awoke to beautiful blue skies. Saba is just barely visible, but she’s there. I took a nice walk along Simpson Bay Beach. I find it quite windy, and our patio is really getting sandblasted. The really good thing about the wind, though, is that there are no mosquitoes or no see-ums.

We booked two chairs and umbrella from Bob Barron at Pack Light. Chairs and umbrella were promptly delivered to our unit at BSV. Great service!

This may sound strange to many of you, but a trip to Super U in Marigot is always fun for me. Stocked up on a few bottles of Rose and bought other essentials.

Later in the morning we drove to Philipsburg to see our good friends at DK Gems. No cruise ships were in port, but their store was quite busy! Needless to say, it was a very productive visit of cleaning, upgrading, re-designing and repairing jewelry. Service is fantastic!

Lunch was at Chesterfields, another one of our favorite places. Our lunches consisted of a Coconut Shrimp platter and Chicken with Pepper Sauce, along with a glass of cold Rose. Both meals were delicious and reasonably priced. Owner, staff and service all great.

Drove back to BSV where we took a dip in the beautiful pool. We were the only two there.

Happy Hour was at The Palms with good friends. We shared lots of laughs and great conversation.

We weren’t very hungry for dinner and upon recommendations from two guys at SAX car rental, we did takeout chicken from Pollo Hermanos. The chicken was good and hit the spot.

Attached picture P5100018.JPG
Attached picture P5100017.JPG
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Day 2 in Paradise - May 10 - 05/11/2022 12:12 PM

Chesterfields is our go to lunch spot when we head to Philipsburg. Always good food and service. Bob is actually in Florida right now but he always has someone take care of his business when he is gone. He returns Thursday and will be back at Hole In The Wall friday night. I also like shopping at the Super U in Marigot. It's a great place to stock up on french wines. Thanks for the report and glad your trip is off to a great start.
Posted By: pat

Re: Day 2 in Paradise - May 10 - 05/11/2022 12:39 PM

So far - so good. Thanks for sharing…..😊😊
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Day 2 in Paradise - May 10 - 05/11/2022 12:50 PM

I 'third' that liking shopping at Super U for French wines! We always get quite a haul there, along with other yummy stuff! We have often been the only ones at the pool at BSV. That really is my 'happy place', sitting under the gazebo, reading a book, sipping a drink! Heaven on earth! Will be there soon!!!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline