TravelTalkOnline

Lunch at Lagoonies Today

Posted By: CaribLee

Lunch at Lagoonies Today - 05/17/2022 07:46 PM

While a bit out of the way to get to, Lagoonies is a nice setting with good food at reasonable prices. Has a french flair to the menu selections that change daily and are posted on a chalkboard. Wife had deboned fried chicken with mushroom sauce while I had the cheeseburger. With four glasses of chardonnay the total was $50 before tip. Have never been disappointed with the food there.

Attached picture 20220517_123816.jpg
Attached picture 20220517_123713.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Lunch at Lagoonies Today - 05/17/2022 10:59 PM

Hi. Sorry, how do you get there??

Re: Lunch at Lagoonies Today - 05/17/2022 11:11 PM

Go over causeway, take right at roundabout, go past Carrefour in Cole Bay. Turn right at Ace Hardware. Go down lousy road until almost to the end and then turn left. Go short distance until you see Red Fox sign on the left. Turn right across from that sign. Short distance to Lagoonies (maybe that's why it is mostly locals there). Does that sound like directions in St. Maarten? Good luck.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Lunch at Lagoonies Today - 05/17/2022 11:29 PM

OK, I kind of understand those directions. Yes, for sure, SXM directions!!! smile
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Lunch at Lagoonies Today - 05/18/2022 01:05 AM

Food and drinks have always been decent but service (including this March) can be suspect, especially if you are not a "regular".
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Lunch at Lagoonies Today - 05/18/2022 10:23 AM

I got that same vibe last time I was there.
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: Lunch at Lagoonies Today - 05/18/2022 11:40 AM

Lagoonies has always been mostly a hangout for Caribbean sailors.

We arrive by dinghy and enjoy visiting with other voyagers, along with partaking in decent food and drink wink

No, it is not a SXM typical restaurant but much more laid back and pleasant. smile

Re: Lunch at Lagoonies Today - 05/18/2022 11:50 AM

We had excellent service. It is true that most of their customers are locals but to me that is one of the charms about that place. We have been numerous times over the past several years and have always been treated well.
Posted By: snuba

Re: Lunch at Lagoonies Today - 05/18/2022 01:00 PM

Went there last November for the first time. Nice view and ambience, cute bar. Service was OK, had burgers, they were just OK, on a smaller side and definitely not as good as at BBB. Other items on menu looked appealing but didn’t try anything else. Would go again for a change.
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: Lunch at Lagoonies Today - 05/18/2022 01:53 PM

It’s been a favorite and an annual visit for us. Laid back. On the marina/ lagoon views. Cast of characters. Good drinks and ok food
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Lunch at Lagoonies Today - 05/18/2022 02:40 PM

We haven't been back in a while, but always enjoyed it there.
Like the Caribbean atmosphere and different menu choices.
Posted By: SVNorthStar

Re: Lunch at Lagoonies Today - 05/24/2022 08:35 PM

If you go to lagoonies it will be assumed that you are a sailor or work in that trade. You are almost certain to meet people who are at some stage of sailing up or down or in or out of the Caribbean nearly any hour they are open due to their reputation and proximity by dingy to places that sailors frequent. The food and drink is fine and the happy hour is an outstanding deal, but all of that is more less secondary to the people and their stories.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline