TravelTalkOnline

Sol e Luna

Posted By: travelstar19

Sol e Luna - 05/29/2022 10:08 PM

Hi everyone,
On island now! Wondering if Sol e Luna is still open for dinner?
Thanks!
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Sol e Luna - 05/30/2022 01:45 AM

They are closed on Sundays, open for lunch and dinner on Monday thru Friday and open only for dinner on Saturday.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Sol e Luna - 05/30/2022 07:26 AM

I was messaging last week with someone who lives on island and is well connected in the food community, and she had not heard that Sol e Luna had reopened. According to the website for La Villa Hibiscus, they are moving to the "former address of Sol e Luna."

Posted By: mahokid

Re: Sol e Luna - 05/30/2022 11:20 AM

Jazzgal,

Yes it is definitely on their website as now located in Mt Vernon.
Maybe you will try it with a friend as I know you enjoy true fine dinning by your reviews,
Expansive but worth the experience
Sol e Luna is a stunning restaurant which had very good food but on our last visit in August but the service was lacking.
Only one server and a few tables but not well organized or observant.
We will make sure to visit this August as we are traveling with another couple in the business.
I also enjoyed a memorable meal at Joel Robuchon in Las Vegas

I'm sure we'll do the grand tasting and certainly will review
Posted By: travelstar19

Re: Sol e Luna - 05/30/2022 04:29 PM

Thank you everyone.
Another quick question, does anyone know where Bernadine is located now that sells the Ma Dou Dou rum?
Posted By: pony600

Re: Sol e Luna - 05/30/2022 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by travelstar19
Thank you everyone.
Another quick question, does anyone know where Bernadine is located now that sells the Ma Dou Dou rum?

Sadly, Bernadine passed away over a year ago. Her dogs and most of her cats were adopted out by Ursula from I Love My Island Dog and Bernadines helper, I think his name was Jose.
You can buy Ma Dou Dou at it's store in French Cul de Sac or most grocery stores.
Posted By: pony600

Re: Sol e Luna - 05/30/2022 05:18 PM

I'm sad to see Sol e Luna go!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Sol e Luna - 05/30/2022 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by mahokid
Jazzgal, Maybe you will try it with a friend as I know you enjoy true fine dinning by your reviews,

I have eaten there several times and agree it's an excellent experience. I'm just not sure they are still open at the Mt. Vernon location regardless of what their website says.
Posted By: beachy

Re: Sol e Luna - 05/31/2022 02:28 AM

Sol e Luna was open in March, as we stayed at Mont Vernon and passed it most days.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline