TravelTalkOnline

EHAS Question (yes, another - sorry!)

Posted By: bethy2120

EHAS Question (yes, another - sorry!) - 06/01/2022 02:37 PM

It's our first time visiting SXM since 2019 and I just completed the EHAS form and have a couple of questions.
1) I am realizing after submission that I entered the wrong date for my booster shot duh
2) It asked for a "stamped and signed national vaccination card", but at the time of submission, I only had a digital version with QR code.
So my question(s): is a digital version acceptable? And if not, do you get a 2nd chance to resubmit the EHAS form? I can already feel the anxiety forming in my stomach. Thanks for any feedback.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: EHAS Question (yes, another - sorry!) - 06/01/2022 02:51 PM

1). No worries, you will receive your pre approval.
2) the digital version. Should work just fine.

Relax and you will receive your response shkrtly.

Re: EHAS Question (yes, another - sorry!) - 06/01/2022 02:52 PM

Thank you for the reply and helping ease my anxiety... I get kind of worked up over these sorts of things smirk

Re: EHAS Question (yes, another - sorry!) - 06/01/2022 03:59 PM

So I just received a response and it says:

Your EHAS application has been pre-approved. This doesn’t guarantee admission to Sint Maarten. The immigration authorities at the port of entry will have the final determination.
When opening the document it says:
Your EHAS application has been pre-approved. This doesn’t guarantee admission to Sint Maarten. The immigration authorities
at the port of entry will have the final determination.
You hereby acknowledge that you:
1. Have consented to a medical assessment and voluntary quarantine upon arrival by the port health authorities, if
indicated.
2. Are traveling from a high-risk country and have consented to self-monitoring for 5 days.
3. Will submit a daily self-monitoring report to the health authorities.

There a document to download/print with a QR code. Is this standard?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: EHAS Question (yes, another - sorry!) - 06/01/2022 04:10 PM

Yes, absolutely standard. You only get a "pre-approval". You get an 'approval' once you actually arrive.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: EHAS Question (yes, another - sorry!) - 06/01/2022 04:39 PM

You are good to go. Even though they do accept digital proofs it's best to print out hard copies to present at PJIA.

Re: EHAS Question (yes, another - sorry!) - 06/01/2022 05:13 PM

Thanks everyone, much appreciated!
Posted By: diver67

Re: EHAS Question (yes, another - sorry!) - 06/01/2022 07:22 PM

I looked at the EHAS site to prepare (but not time for me to do it yet). I see this 'high risk' country caveat to self-monitor for 5-says for some people. But I could not find a link to what those countries are...
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: EHAS Question (yes, another - sorry!) - 06/01/2022 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by diver67
I looked at the EHAS site to prepare (but not time for me to do it yet). I see this 'high risk' country caveat to self-monitor for 5-says for some people. But I could not find a link to what those countries are...

I think all countries are high risk as far as SXM is concerned, the 5 day self monitor is no issue, they email you each day, you click the link and enter your temp. Job done
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline