TravelTalkOnline

Testing positive

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Testing positive - 06/07/2022 03:04 AM

When we were sitting on our return flight out of sxm a lady walking past while boarding announced her husband tested positive and had to quarantine for 5 days but she was going home because she tested negative. Just found out a couple at our resort that I communicated daily with was supposed to fly out Sunday. He tested positive and is now in quarantine for 5 days. Wife was negative but it's just a matter of time for her to possibly test positive and have to do the same. You all be careful over there. Covid is still there and not many are following social distancing and other precautions to transmitting or protecting against Covid.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Testing positive - 06/07/2022 12:56 PM

Thanks for the reminder.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Testing positive - 06/07/2022 01:19 PM

Yes.....I brought covid back with me on the 25th.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Testing positive - 06/07/2022 05:06 PM

CDC moved Monkey Pocks to level 2 and is recommended that a mask is worn when traveling.

Re: Testing positive - 06/07/2022 05:23 PM

I had NO idea what you were talking about. It is monkey "POX".

Re: Testing positive - 06/07/2022 05:48 PM

haha sorry but my crocheting fogging my spelling…
Monkey Pox is not Sock Monkeys which is much better

Re: Testing positive - 06/07/2022 07:18 PM

Just heard from another person that has a friend that tested positive on their exit test. So I think that cases are a lot higher in SXM than what is currently being reported. Just another thing to worry about, I guess..

Re: Testing positive - 06/07/2022 07:24 PM

There are probably a lot more cases that aren't reported because of self testing at home on the island.

Re: Testing positive - 06/07/2022 07:27 PM

This uptick in positive cases is not something that even here has been posted. I wonder if people are being careless and not taking precautions? Monkey Pox seems to be a STD right now but who knows how this next disease will spread?
I am hoping my villa sells so I can move on and not travel on planes anymore. Very sad that the last 2 1/2 years have put us all in different comfort zones

Re: Testing positive - 06/07/2022 07:31 PM

"Monkey Pox seems to be a STD" WHAT???
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Testing positive - 06/07/2022 08:34 PM

Yup....spread by contact with lesions. Sooooo no hot dates with people with bumps.

Re: Testing positive - 06/07/2022 08:38 PM

I might be overly cautious at the moment because of everything going on. Monkey Pox is said to be transmitted through the homosexual community at the moment. While you were on vacation a night manager at an Arby,s Restaurant in Washington was urinating in the milkshakes. I also wonder about public pools and jacuzzis that are not properly maintained. Just saying it is getting scary and I prefer to stay home.

Re: Testing positive - 06/07/2022 09:51 PM

Seriously? OK, this one is done.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline