TravelTalkOnline

captain D's rib shack

Posted By: mahokid

captain D's rib shack - 08/31/2022 12:14 PM

Captains rib shack isn't a shack anymore, it is a full blown out food outlet with alcoholic drinks, plenty of picnic tables and entertainment on some night
I remember the early years when it was just a booth and grill
it is located in the Kim sha beach parking lot

pricing may seem a little more than the lolo's, but portions are huge enough for two meals

the servers will come to your table to place your order or you can order take a way t the counter, you will feel at home

we ordered a chicken / ribs combo with a choice of two sides, we selected bammi (tasty noodle dish) and macaroni and cheese
I ordered the grilled kingfish which needed a little sauce since most fish on the island is "completely" cooked
The kingfish is a meaty fish similar to swordfish, mild in flavor
i enjoy their scalloped potatoes and a vinegary cole slaw

Food takes a little time but worth the wait especially when enjoying a beer and frozen strawberry margarita (sweet and cold)

Attached picture captain d chicken ribs.jpg
Attached picture captain d kingfish.jpg
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: captain D's rib shack - 08/31/2022 12:23 PM

The food looks good and plenty of it. We usually stop there at least once every trip and order 2 different meals and share.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: captain D's rib shack - 08/31/2022 01:37 PM

You know, I actually liked it better when it was a 'shack'. Last time we stopped there, it seemed to take FOREVER for the food to come. Perhaps it was because it was arrival day and we were worn out. Haven't been back.
Posted By: mgh

Re: captain D's rib shack - 08/31/2022 02:15 PM

We always stop there at least once while we're there as well. As stated before, the portions are big and the food is real good. I'd prefer the "shack" as well but I'm sure the food tastes just as good.
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: captain D's rib shack - 08/31/2022 02:23 PM

I still miss Busby's ribs.........
Posted By: boucharda

Re: captain D's rib shack - 08/31/2022 05:53 PM

We get takeout there a couple of times during our two weeks in January
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: captain D's rib shack - 08/31/2022 06:08 PM

Nothing like sitting at the shelf facing the road drinking an ice cold Hineken people watching while waiting for your takeout order. My wife loves the whole grilled snapper.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: captain D's rib shack - 08/31/2022 10:56 PM

We usually stop in the afternoon for takeout. Too rough a crowd there after dark for my liking.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: captain D's rib shack - 09/01/2022 06:20 AM

What's the better time to go there so that the wait isn't as long??? We've had this on the list, but never seem to get there in recent times!!! The list just keeps getting longer and longer with not enough days in the trip to make to all of them!! SMH -LOL!!!
Posted By: CaribJoe

Re: captain D's rib shack - 09/01/2022 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
We usually stop in the afternoon for takeout. Too rough a crowd there after dark for my liking.

My granddaughters went there at night with their parents recently and abruptly left after several young locals began eyeing them up and made inappropriate comments.
Posted By: indi

Re: captain D's rib shack - 09/01/2022 04:41 PM

They delivered food for a small dinner party we hosted last year. Excellent food and lovely owners!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline