TravelTalkOnline

November 1, 2022

Posted By: jomarc

November 1, 2022 - 11/02/2022 11:51 AM

Tuesday November 1 –It’s my birthday today! The original plan was to go to the beach, but looking at the cruise ship calendar, we opted to go to Philipsburg instead as there was only one ship in port. First stop was Juggie’s! What a fun time catching up with Juggie and meeting lots of new people. I had one too many chocolate shakes though. Stocked up on several bottles of Juggie’s spices and dropped off a bag of toys.

Lunch was at The Thirsty Pirate, on the Boardwalk, with ribs for Jo and grilled chicken jerk for Marc. Both meals were good,and hit the spot. The view was even better.

Next stop was at our favorite jewelers, DK Gems, where we are treated like family. Jeff, Raj and Kamal were very helpful. It's always fun trying on jewelry!

Dinner was at Le Bistronome in Grand Case (next door to Le Pressoir). It was one of the best meals we’ve had on the island. We were warmly welcomed by Chantal. For the appetizer, we split the homemade Foie Gras. It was so silky and delicious. Main courses consisted of Fishpot Stew and Slow Cooked Beef. We shared a Chocolate Fudge dessert (with a sparkler in it for my birthday). Prices are reasonable for the quality of food served. Service was outstanding, and the restaurant was full when we left. We paid in cash with a 1 to 1 exchange rate

We walked back to the apartment and called it another early evening.

Attached picture The Thirsty Pirate.JPG
Attached picture Homemade Foie Gras.JPG
Attached picture Fishpot Stew.JPG
Attached picture Slow Cooked Beef with Foie Gras.JPG
Attached picture Chocolate Fudge Desserrt.JPG
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: November 1, 2022 - 11/02/2022 12:13 PM

First off Happy Belated Birthday and thanks for the pics and report. Also, a good call going to P'Burg with only one ship in. That's what we do. Have another great day in paradise.
Posted By: jomarc

Re: November 1, 2022 - 11/02/2022 12:46 PM

Thank you Whale Tail. We are going on an Island Art Tour today. I'm so looking forward to it!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: November 1, 2022 - 11/02/2022 12:47 PM

Looks like a lovely birthday! I shall have to remember Le Bistronome for future trips!
Posted By: crsxm

Re: November 1, 2022 - 11/02/2022 02:11 PM

Happy belated birthday and thanks for sharing the journey with us. We typically do not dine in Grand Case so it's fun learning about new places and seeing the pics. Keep them coming --
Posted By: fabila

Re: November 1, 2022 - 11/02/2022 02:21 PM

Happy birthday. Thanks for posting
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: November 1, 2022 - 11/02/2022 03:00 PM

Happy Birthday a day late.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline