TravelTalkOnline

Wednesday travel day and the storm

Posted By: dolfer

Wednesday travel day and the storm - 11/11/2022 03:25 PM

So in hindsight it turns out that the storm last weekend was the beginnings of Hurricane Nicole. We knew it was a good sized storm as it was happening but I didn't want to make a big deal about it knowing what the islanders have experienced in the past Well when we heard and saw the results of the storm on Sunday we realized it was more than just a regular event kind of thing.

We flew home on Wednesday late (American departure at 5:15pm). PJIA was busy but not mobbed that afternoon. We initially sat in the big room where it was cooler, plenty of seating and cold beer in a glass (wow). We walked to the plane just outside Gate 7 and actually departed early. Flight was fairly full. We smoothly skirted our way around the now hurricane storm on our way to Charlotte with just very minimal turbulence. We were lucky. In and out of Charlotte was a breeze (love that airport). Customs and immigration took 5 minutes.
Posted By: crsxm

Re: Wednesday travel day and the storm - 11/11/2022 04:05 PM

Glad you arrived home safe and sound! I will say the bar at the airport served one of the best rum punches we've ever had. It was almost a little dangerous. We may have missed our flight had we not been traveling with a few who abstained.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Wednesday travel day and the storm - 11/11/2022 04:14 PM

Glad you arrived safe and sound. 5:15 departure is a bit later than most of the planes, so you were somewhat lucky with that, as far as the crowd. I do like the bar at the airport, although it would certainly be nice if you could get food either there at the bar, so a lot closer than it is now. Of course, who knows what it will all look like, whenever they decide to finish it, in 2024 or so. crazy
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline